Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween

The past few years we have been going to our friends Halloween party. It really is a family party. Neither Cheeto or I are big Halloween people. We celebrate it strictly for our kids. I had a doctors appointment late in the afternoon on Friday which made the afternoon/evening a bit more crazy. All is good with baby so far. They say as long as the fluids stay where they are we are fine but if they go lower they will just induce early, which really isn't a concern either since I'm starting the 36th week. The only thing that has us concerned is that the estimated weight is only about 5 lbs. I don't want a tiny little baby that will be sick all winter. Don't get me wrong... I'm beyond uncomfortable at times and would love to deliver tomorrow- but still want a baby with some meat on him/her. We shall see how it goes.
Kids were getting really grumpy before we left so we had to lay down the law before leaving. I think they perked up a bit but some were still less than thrilled about the evenings events. We made a few quick stops before heading to the party. Every year we have to hit the Bobby and Carolyn's. She always has something 'special' for them and of course they love it!
The party was a hit with the kids. There were lots of other kids to play with. They had decorated their den to be a disco ballroom, had karoki, and tons of food! The adults basically just chit chatted and watched the kids. Trick or treating was fun. Analise and Kelson really got into it. Cade didn't want to do it after about 5 houses. Analise wanted to walk with my friend, Teresa. Analise said I was too slow for her. It was funny because Teresa's little boy wanted to hold my hand and walk with me. It was a trade off. We got home way late for our kids. It was a successful evening over all. Exhausting- but successful.


0 comments: