Sunday, November 16, 2008

Pitocin & Epidural

Contractions are going regularly, but she wasn't progressing as quick as they wanted, so they added pitocin to the IV at about 2:00. Shena then ordered her epidural as the nurse was putting the pitocin in just in case it goes quick. Last time the epidural wasn't done properly and she felt everything during labor, and she didn't want to go through that again. Plus, if she is going to get her tubal afterwards, having the epidural will make things go easier.

He came in for the epidural about 2:20, just as the Panthers were driving for the final 1st half touchdown. He and I were joking about the game and Shena's labor as he was sticking the epidural in. She didn't think it was very funny. I will post this now, and if the epidural doesn't wind up working right she will be ticked, but he was watching the game almost as much as I was while he was getting her set up on it. Of course he paid attention while he was actually sticking her, but the rest of the time, he had his eye on the game.

About 15 minutes after the epidural, she was out like a light. Mumbling something about wishing there was such a thing as a walking epidural for the last tri-mester of pregnancy.

It's half time of the Panther's game 21-16 Panther's over the winless Detroit Lions. Sad.

I told Shena that we've got to get a win here because I don't want to have mixed emotions about today. Of course it's a great day that we will be having the baby, but I don't want the bad memory of a loss to a winless team! Ha!

2 comments:

Tia J said...

YAY! I was hopping they would start her today. I just got home from church and had to check. Tell her I am thinking of her. Tell Shena either to call when she gets home or I'll call her in a few days. I will keep checking. Wish I was in VA cause I could be there.

Leesa Ann Bogart-Lundrigan said...

Keep me posted. I would love to come in to see you guys in the hospital tomorrow! Call me if you get a chance...if not, I will keep checking this blog. 644-8050. Hoooooorrrray!!!!! Tell Dr. Lowe I said HI....like he really remembers me....NOT!