Friday, November 07, 2008

Of course...

...we spread the word that we have been told that we won't be leaving the hospital until the baby gets here, now we hear that they will be discharging Shena this afternoon.

We are still waiting for the doctor who made that decision to come in and talk to us about it. We are a little concerned after the comments that were made by Shena's primary doctor and the doctor on call last night.

As for the rest of the day it was just a lot of waiting around for tests and results.

I took Kelson to Winston-Salem for his doctor's appointment. What a waste of 3 hours. We got there, and after waiting for 60 minutes, we saw the doctor for all of 3 minutes...just long enough for her to say "The biopsy was negative. Everything is fine there." Then she use some tweezers (maybe there were magic tweezers, I don't know) to pull the tape off his face. Then she said, see you later. Sheesh. I could have done that without spending $20 in gas and 3 hours of my life. (What's the deal with the waits, anyway? Why do doctor's get away with making us wait so long. SURELY there is a better way to time appointments so that patients don't have to wait so friggin' long. We do have other things going on. Please, somebody in the medical field explain why we can't improve the system. How about a phone call "check-in" so that we don't have to wait in the lobby for 30 minutes?)

After his appointment we stopped in to see Shena because he was crying missing his mom. We hung around for 60 minutes to go with her to get her ultrasound so that they could re-check the fluid levels and see if they had gone up. The appointment was supposed to be between 11 and 12...she finally got called in at 1:50. Kelson thought it was cool, but he couldn't make out the baby shapes in there. He did mention that he saw the baby "use the force" and he also said it looked like mommy "had a puppy in her tummy. I did, I saw a dog face."

We then ran home to pick up Cade from the school bus, I dropped the boys off at my mom's house, and now...here we sit. Waiting a little longer to see if they really are going to send Shena home.

Her fluid levels were in the 3rd percentile yesterday, and the nurse just told us she is back to the 17th percentile, which is essentially where she was last week. So I guess that's good.

I'm tired (3.5 hours doesn't cut it in my world), I'm hungry (haven't had the opportunity to eat besides one bite of Shena's hospital food (mmmm....yummy...blech) and two bites of her pudding (that wasn't so bad...when you are hungry, you take what you can get), and I'm sick of all of this. I'm just cranky right now. If it we were closely to Christmas I would give you all a big "bah humbug," but I won't do that right now.

0 comments: