Saturday, November 15, 2008

(One of) My Wife's Addiction

So we were cleaning the house today (nesting as they call it) getting ready for the baby. At least we took the time to do it. We have been procrastinating this, didn't really feel the urgency, until we had our close call last week.

Anyway, Shena has this little corner of the couch where she sits, and next to her there are some built in shelves and an open space down below the shelves. We pulled the couch back to vacuum underneath it and I noticed the pile of stuff that had accumulated there. I started pulling stuff out and counted about 25 skeins of yarn. I also found 6 different "knitting bags," as she calls them, stuffed down in this corner. It took us 20 minutes to get through the pile and roll up and unknot (that's a word, right?) the mess of skeins. In the mean time, we also found 3 different, unfinished projects. She has a problem. She even commented "I'm as bad as my sister." If you know of a way to break this addiction let me know (I've heard that juice & Vitamin C works for cigarettes...maybe it would work for this, too).

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I have not given in to the knitting bug yet but we all have our own kryptonites! It could be worse...right?

jenny said...

Oh, Cheeto, I think I may like your wife very much... She sounds like my kind of gal!