Thursday, March 24, 2005

We Have Walls

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
When I got home for lunch, the contractors had the north wall up on the room, and were just finishing putting together the south wall as I was leaving. Those two were the easy ones because they were essentially straight walls with one window each in them. I wasn't sure if they could get the west wall done by the end of the day or not. It was much more complex because of the mini-bay (as I call it) window. I think it took them until about 5:00 to get it done, but they did get the third wall up. It is starting to look like a room, now. They said they would have the roof on by tomorrow, but it is supposed to rain in the middle of the day, so we'll see if they get it done or not. It is quite strange to look out our "old" backdoor and the kitchen window and not be able to see what we used to be able to see. The kitchen window feels like you have a blinder on your right side now. We expected it, but it still fills a little funny. I will post pictures tomorrow of today's progress and then tomorrow's progress.

After work, we went by mom's for dinner. We had planned on going out to eat, but she apparently called at about 4:30 and asked us if we wanted to come over for dinner. They had the missionaries, and I had a priesthood leadership meeting (as did Dad and the missionaries) at 7:00, so we had to eat and run. I was going to ride with dad, but decided that I wanted to stop by the house before it was dark to see the walls up all the way and to take a few pictures. I was afraid if I didn't, then I wouldn't get progress pictures, like I've wanted to do. I wound up being about 10 minutes late to the meeting, but not too bad.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena ran several errands today, and taught a couple of piano lessons. She said the boys were pretty good most of the day. Kelson is still coughing, so we will have to keep an eye on that, if it doesn't clear up it looks like we will be headed to the doctor again. We've spent more time in the doctor's office this year than in all our other years of marriage combined. It is ridiculous. Dad said that Cade took a spill on Kelson's big wheel, but he had his helmet on so the result wasn't too bad. He said that he was working in the flower beds and Cade was playing on the big wheel at the top of the driveway (which inclines about 10 degrees downhill...doesn't sound like much, but for a driveway is pretty steep) and somehow wound up going backwards down the hill. Dad said he tried to jump up and stop him, but he went by too fast. When he hit the street, the big tip over and he fell off and hit head first on the road, but because he had his helmet on, he didn't even cry. Dad said it scared him, but he just kind of said "whoa." Dad then said a little bit later Kelson was on the big wheel and started going down the hill forward, this time dad was keeping a closer eye on them and got out in front of Kelson to stop him...but he was still going fast enough to almost knock dad over. He said he closed the garage after that incident and told the boys no more bikes for today.

Arellano Update
I just gave my Arellano news up there.

Christensen Update
None to report, that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 7:00 - couldn't get to sleep last night...I tossed and turned for a while - I guess I was a little anxious to see if they would actually get walls up today

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: corn tortillas with beans and cheese, coke, had a chocolate chip cookie before I walked out the door, too

Dinner: beans, rice, chicken, covered in shredded cheese, with home made flour tortillas, coke. Mom had some mole poblano, but I don't like that kind much. It's too bitter or something, so I just had everything else. After the meeting, I had two chocolate chip cookies and a small glass of milk.

0 comments: