Thursday, March 10, 2005

Mr. Mom

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
This is going to take on a rushed tone today. Will give you the quick and dirty, but no time for expounding. I should be able to write more this weekend.

Spent the day with the boys, while Shena recovered. Rough day for her emotionally, but she needed the time to recover. Good news is she has several friends who have been through the same thing, so they are helping a great deal.

This afternoon we ran some errands to try to get out of Shena's hair and let her rest a bit. We went to get my pants from the dry cleaners, went to Costco to get milk, bread and cheese, dropped the dairy off at the house, then went to mom's to dump some of the bread off in the freezer, stopped by Hiatt's to try to get our lamp that we used on Tuesday night (nobody home), went by a consignment store across the street from Brassfield shopping center because Teresa said she saw some bunkbeds there that we might be interested in...looked at them and will have to take Shena to see them too...then went back home. The boys got kind of grouchy (especially Kelson) by the time we got to the consignment store. I had a couple more things I wanted to do before we went home, but just couldn't do them with a screaming kid. Oh well. I think I'll have time Saturday to go. I wanted to stop by Lowe's and Home Depot to look at chain saws...I thought it was so cool when that guy got cut on his arm the other day that I just HAD to have one...ok, really I was thinking that to save me a little money I would just have Vachon take the trees down for me, then cut them up and move them myself. Might take a little work, but it would be worth it, I think. That way I could get all the trees down that I wanted, not just the middle portion of the yard that we agreed to in the contract.

I spent part of the day looking at our lot and different parts of Greensboro online. They city has a cool website that lets you look up properties and lot sizes, etc. on it. It also has the zoning maps online. Not real productive, but interesting.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade has started singing while he is sitting on the toilet, not sure who he gets it from, but he sure does sing loud while he is in there. I was laughing at him today as he sang primary songs during his visit.

The boys and I played football in the front yard after we got home from errands. It wasn't exactly warm outside, but they needed to burn some energy off and it kind of felt like football weather out there. I'm amazed that Kelson doesn't cry more than he does. Cade was tackling him pretty hard, Kelson would just laugh and jump up. Even when he got nailed without a helmet on, he didn't seem to mind. We had a good time though.

Dede Plummer brough dinner over for us. Once again, we've got some great friends.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
Cherie was worried about her baby today. It took her all day to get to talk to Shena, but she finally got to talk to her in the afternoon. I also talked to her for a few minutes.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:45 - 6:30 - but I can hardly call it sleep...Shena didn't sleep well, and moved around a lot, which means I didn't sleep much either

TODAY:
Breakfast: None - unless you count the otameal cookie that Kathy Jensen brought over...I ate it at about 10:30.

Lunch: Leftover lasagna, piece of wheat bread, milk - two more of those oatmeal cookies...dang good

Dinner: white rice covered in chicken with cream of chicken soup, vegetable mix, rolls, milk - she also brought over brownies and vanilla ice cream and hot fudge topping, which we had about an hour or so after dinner - Dede said that Ed didn't like this dinner...I thought it was VERY good...I don't know what is wrong with that guy, I swear....the dessert was awesome too.

0 comments: