Thursday, March 31, 2005

Stupid Roofers

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
As I got ready for work this morning, I noticed a couple of guys getting out of a truck. They walked around to the back of the house with a ladder, then a few minutes later walked back out front and put their ladder back on the truck and left. About 5 minutes later, Chris (one of the construction guys) asked if the roofers had shown up. When I told him what happened he just shook his head. They never did show back up and apparently they were supposed to do the roof today. I'm not sure what the deal was, or why they left, but the contractors said they were going to get someone else to come out. Pretty weird.

Spent my lunch break out in the woods with a spray can marking the trees I want to come down. My contractor had given me a quote to finish clearing the lot that was higher than I expected and Shena and I decided we would have to keep working on it ourselves. Long story short, they thought they could get a professional tree guy to come out and do it for much cheaper. He came out at lunch and we talked a bit about it.

After work, I had Elder's Quorum meeting. It was just Joe Hamilton and I, so we talked for a few minutes and then went to visit Brad and Danny Crockett. We talked for about an hour and a half, then I came home. That was my day. Pretty boring, eh?

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena was feeling really bad today. There was a lot of pollen in the air and then she was also feeling nauseas and dizzy. She was miserable all day.

Arellano Update
None to report.

Christensen Update
None to report.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 6:30 - I was hoping to get to sleep by 10:00, but it just didn't happen. I did wake up feeling pretty good, though. I don't recall waking up at all through the night, and that seems to make such a difference in how tired I feel.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of honey nut cheerios

Lunch: Taco Bell - bean burrito - no onios, steak gordita supreme - no tomato, Mt. Dew

Dinner: Hot Pockets brand "Chicken Pot Pie" pockets. Not real good. I didn't eat before my meeting tonight, so I wanted something quick before I went to bed. I wouldn't recommend them.

0 comments: