Saturday, March 05, 2005

Ever "Google" Yourself?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
So we were at Mike Lineberry's Thursday night, and he says something about "Googling" yourself to see if you come up. I'm sitting here, procrastinating preparing a lesson for priesthood tomorrow, and I think..."I wonder what I get when I type in 'Cheeto'." To save the surprise, I won't tell you what happens. Go ahead, open another Explorer window, go to www.google.com, and type it in...then scroll down 8 results...and what do you get? Pretty cool, hey? Been blogging for only a couple of months, and I've already cracked the first page of a Google "Cheeto" search! Then I thought, I wonder if I might be #1 if I type in "Bag o Cheetos." Go ahead...give it a try. SWEET! If anybody in the world were to use Google to search for "Bag o Cheetos," BOOM, there it is. Just like that. And you and I BOTH know that someone, somewhere is searching for "Bag o Cheetos" as you read this. Well, maybe every 1/2 hour somebody, somewhere, is searching for "Bag o Cheetos." Ok, I'm delusional...but STILL! Not only that, I got some props from another blogger...check it out. Ok, so it was the kind of prop that he gives out to anybody who writes a blog and happens to live in Greensboro, but at least I was mentioned, right?

Having "googled" all of the Arellano's, and not able to find a direct reference (as opposed to references to people with the same name...apparently Anselmo Arellano and Leticia Arellano are big-whig doctors, Shena Arellano is working on her law degree at the University of Denver, Marcos Arellano was a gang-banger in CA who was killed in a drive by shooting at 19, Adam Arellano is some sort of distance runner, Melissa Arellano is either a kindergarten teacher in CA or a day care owner in Idaho, Ethan Arellano was baptized into the Catholic faith in January of 2003, and Cade Arellano and Kelson Arellano don't exist as far as google is concerned) to anyone except "Nola Arellano" in an issue of Vigor on the Nauvoo.com website, I am now going to list their names in order to try to get the Google web crawler to pick these up and add them to the list. Please excuse me while I try this experiment: Shena Arellano, Cade Arellano, Anselmo Cade Arellano, Kelson Arellano, Kelson Taylor Arellano, Anselmo B Arellano, Nola Arellano, Leticia Arellano, Lettie Arellano, Adam Arellano, Melissa Arellano, Ethan Arellano, Marcos Arellano.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled program:

We spent most of the morning cleaning. We didn't get it done last week since Bart & Cherie were in town, so the house needed it pretty good. Shena has been feeling pretty good the last week or so (as far as nausea goes), but she got a re-fill on the prescription and they gave her the generic kind. It doesn't work as well. She hasn't felt well the last couple of days. It is better than if she didn't take a pill, but she still doesn't feel very well.

After cleaning, we got haircuts, then we tried to lay down for a nap, since we got in so late last night. I only got a 30 minute power nap, because I had to get up and referee 2 games at the Stake Center (Summit Ward Young Women...both games - they had a back to back for some reason). Refing (sp?) wasn't too bad. It has been several years since I have actually done it, and I forgot how focused you have to be and how on top of things. I thought I would be able to go out and pick it back up like I was riding a bike, but I caught myself just watching and not officiating. Luckily both games weren't really that close and I hopefully didn't effect the outcome any.

After the games I showered, then we went out to eat (as is our Saturday night custom). We decided on Boston Market because Cade was saying he wanted "mac and cheese." I think he would eat mac and cheese every meal if he could. Kid loves pasta. After we ate we stopped by the Stake Center again to watch part of the Summit Ward's women's team play. Shena wanted to get some pictures for a project she is working on. Unfortunately our camera isn't real good for action photos. It works ok for scenery and portraits, but we couldn't get a decent "action" photo. Keep in mind, this was the WOMEN'S team...not the Men's (a little quicker), the Young Women's (quicker still) or the Young Men's (fast) team. They weren't breaking any speed records out there. After the Shena had her fill of pictures, we came home and that is when the whole "Google" thing started (remember when I rambled on about that?)

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Pretty good boys again today. Cade pitched a bit of a fit when Shena brought him and Kelson over to the church to watch me referee. I got down my whistles several weeks ago because I was supposed to ref then (wound up getting cancelled, so I didn't have to) and Cade has been bugging regularly to "blow the whizzle." I've let him once or twice, but he notices the referees all over the place now. Whenever we are watching some kind of sporting event he points them out. When Cherie was playing basketball in his room with him, he wanted to have the "whizzle" around his neck all the time and was regularly blowing it. Anyway, he was excited to come to the church and see me blow the whistle and "referree'd'" (he always puts a "d" on the end of that word for some reason...no matter how many times we tell him there is none). Kelson got a little crazy and they both wanted to play out on the court, so Shena tried to take them home. That is when Cade freaked out and started screaming. I was in the middle of the game, so I couldn't very well walk off or blow the whistle and stop the game so that I could take care of it. He got a good talking to from Shena, though.

Kelson went to bed at 11:30 last night, but still got up at 6:30 this morning. He went to bed more than 3 hours after he normally does, but still got up at his regular time. Crazy kid. At lunch time, though, he was so tired he didn't even eat. He wanted Shena to find his "blue bear" (that he sleeps with) so that he could take a nap. That NEVER happens. We usually have to make him go lay down and then he will often get up once or twice before he stays down for his nap. He still thinks that we can't see him when he closes his eyes. I heard him getting into the car keys, walked out into the living room without saying anything and stood over him while he closed his eyes with a mischievous look on his face. I was standing over him, while he sat on a chair, and I just stood there and waited for him to open his eyes. After a couple of seconds he peeked one eye open and looked up at me and started giggling. Sure is hard to punish them when they are so dang cute like that.

Arellano Update
When we stopped by mom's this morning, Shena noticed a bit of radiator fluid on the floor of the garage. She asked us to take it up to Gunter's to have them look at it. Seems like it wasn't too long ago that they supposedly fixed it. Bad thing is, I gave them mom' s home number to call if they had questions, etc. I wasn't thinking really clear, obviously. I'll have to call up there and give them her cell.

Christensen Update
Found out today that Ryan's ex-girlfriend is getting married. I'm not sure if anybody knew about it, but it was a surprise to me. I wonder how he will take it. Kind of stinks to have to be going home in a couple of months and to have your ex get married. I'm not sure if he was interested anymore or not, but it still isn't fun, I'm sure.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:30 - 7:50 - When Kelson came in, I thought about getting up, but my eyes were killing me from lack of sleep...I laid back down for another hour or so.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats, 1 bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.

Lunch: None - no time...had to finish my blog from yesterday (again, I am blaming YOU for these "lack of time" things) and go and referee...I decided that a power nap was more important to me than a sandwich.

Dinner: Boston Market - 1/4 white rotisserie chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and green bean casserole - corn bread, lemonade. I also ate the side that we got for Kelson (spiced apples) that he didn't eat, and drank Cade's milk because he wanted juice. I was hungry! I hadn't eaten since 8:30 this morning.

0 comments: