Friday, March 18, 2005

Cade's New Bike

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Work was fine. Wrote a check for $3,000 to the Vachon crew. They said they will be starting to put down the footings on Monday, after the holes dry up (pictures on their way). I am skeptical...I doubt the holes will be ready by then. We'll see.

After work, we went over to the Plummer's to hang out and watch some March Madness. It doesn't appear that my picking style is as good as I hoped it might be. I thought I might be able to surprise everybody and do decent by flipping a coin, but it's not working out that way at all (and we just finished the first round...several more to go). We ordered pizza while the kids ran around the house and played. Ed and I argued about the supremacy of the ACC. He has quite an inferiority complex...he knows the Moutain West just can't live up to ACC standards, so he has to bash it. The girls knitted and talked about things that really shouldn't be repeated here in the blog.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade is still having one "accident" a day, even though he knows when he needs to go to the bathroom, he just doesn't bother. He keeps running out of underwear, so Shena busted out some of his old underwear that she had put away (not sure if it was because it was too small or because she wanted him to wear plain underwear). He had some Buzz Lightyear and Bob the Builder underwear. When Kelson saw it (the Bob underwear) he about went nuts. "Bob! BOB! Daddy, Bob!" When he saw Cade put them on, he tried to take his diaper off so that he could put some on too. We told him that when he started going to the bathroom in the toilet, he can have Bob underwear, but he didn't know what we were talking about. Just kind of gave us a balnk stare. I think he thinks that Cade is cool now because he has Bob underwear.

Shena went to a consignment sale at some private grade school. She bought Cade a bike for $15. We then spent another $17 on a helmet and $8 on training wheels. The bike is in good enough shape for Cade. He hasn't really bugged us for one, but he has ridden one at Grandma C.'s house, and he liked it. He was excited to get it. Sad that we spent more on "accessories" for his bike than for the bike itself.

Arellano Update
Tio Marcos put on the training wheels on Cade's bike. If Cade would have had to wait for me, he probably wouldn't have gotten to ride it today.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 7:00 - even on nights when I say I want to go to bed early, I wind up going to bed at 11:30...I guess that IS my early time

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: None - no time...met with the contractor, then had to get back to work

Dinner: Domino's - a couple of pieces of ham and pineapple pizza, A&W - we later had brownies and milk

0 comments: