Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Spinning my wheels

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
It was kind of hard to get much done at work today. Felt like I spent the whole day with the contractors. Shena and I talked to them for 30 minutes this morning going over which windows we wanted where. She and I then had to go down to a building supply store in south Greensboro to look at interior doors. Then at lunch I spent another 50 minutes talking to them and the HVAC guy about where to put what. I guess that is the name of the game, though. They didn't get much done as far as building goes, but they got some of the details out of the way. It is going to be raining for the next couple of days, but I talked to Shawn tonight and said "I guess we'll see you in a couple of days." He said "No, you'll see us tomorrow, we'll be there working in the rain. Not sure what they are going to do, but they said they were going to work. We'll see what happens. I think they are being a little too optimistic on that. But then again, I'm not going to complain if they are working to get this job done and out of the way. ^The sooner the better for both of us, I think. After work Shena and the boys and I even went to Lowe's to look at a door that Shawn was thinking we might want to use as the interior door. So you can see, we really spent a good deal of time today on the addition. I have an idea now of what Jim has been going through the last month or so. He and his wife are buying a new townhouse and have to pick all the colors, fixtures etc., so he is out of the office regularly doing something with that. If Shena and I ever build, I hope she handles most of this stuff, because it drives me crazy.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
After we got back from Lowe's, we played a quick game of "Go Thomas" with Cade. He had been bugging since I got home from work. He loves that game. Don't be surprised if he asks you to play if you ever come to visit.

Shena has her post-surgery doctor's appointment tomorrow. We are both a little nervous about that. We're hoping that he tells us we can start trying again soon. We'll have to wait and see, and I'll keep you up to date...although I won't give TOO many details, since that seems to bother some of you out there (but come on...it's called reproduction, it happens all the time all over the place).

Arellano Update
Mom came by for dinner before she went to teach institute tonight. She said that dad is supposed to fly in at 10:50 (I hope to be asleep by then), assuming he makes his flights and they haven't been delayed or canceled due to the weather. She had a couple of surprises for him in the garage (Cade's bike and a new ladder) that she covered up with a blanket. We hope he doesn't notice them tonight. We think it would be fun for the boys to show him the surprises.

Christensen Update
Just a quick shout out to Sky & Erin who are celebrating their 3rd anniversary today. Congratulations...may your 4th year of marriage be as good as your 1st.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 6:50 - and I still feel exhausted...doesn't help to go to bed early if you wake up every hour and a half

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: tuna on wheat with double cheese, lettuce, milk, tortilla chips, two chocolate chip cookies (good then, but now they are gone)

Dinner: enchiladas, rice and beans...we had to get that first pan finished, which we did tonight with mom's help - had some orange sherbet covered with fudge topping just before bed

0 comments: