Monday, March 28, 2005

Spring Weather

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Hard to put my finger on what it was, but it was a stressful day today. I guess just a combination of it being a Monday and the cruddy weather we've had for the last couple of days. Which leaves me with not much to report at all.

The weather was so crazy today ^(sunny, then 10 minutes later cloudy and raining, then sunny again) that the crew didn't even attempt to put the roof on. I'm sure it would have been a waste of their day had they tried. We are supposed to have at least 3 days of nice weather starting tomorrow, so I'm sure they will get plenty done then.

After work we went by mom's house for dinner. One of the advantages of living close to mom is the homemade Mexican food she makes. My siblings may not like me for what I am about to say, but I have to report my day in my blog, right? Dad brought back a corn tortilla press from Mexico for mom. I think one of my aunt's actually sent it with him, it's not like he bought it dropping hints to mom or anything. She bought some corn tortilla mix and made some homemade corn tortillas for us last night. Very, very good. The last time I remember mom making homemade corn tortillas was when we still lived in Idaho...over 17 years ago. Sorry guys, but you missed out. I'll eat one in your honor next time.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Rough day with the kids today. They both woke up grouchy and bratty. I felt like I spent all day disciplining them...especially Kelson. He wouldn't listen to us at all. I know he spent at least 16 minutes on the mat (he has to stay there for 2 minutes every time he gets sent to the mat). I hope tomorrow is a better day because I really hate coming home from lunch and work at the end of the day and the first thing I have to do is start punishing the boys. They are usually happy to see me when I get home, but if this keeps up they will not want me to come home anymore (and I may not want to come home either).

Maybe part of the reason they were such little poops today is they were so tired. We put Kelson down at 7:30, and haven't heard from him again. Cade fell asleep by 8:00 on the couch, so I know he was tired, too. Because they went to bed so early, I'm going to bed early. I can't wait.

Shena is still sick. She's hacking and sniffing all over the place. Good news is it isn't allergies, bad news is she is still sick. Kelson's cough sounds much better, but he still isn't 100%. One of these days we will all be healthy and quit passing this stuff around.

Arellano Update
I kind of share already...mom made homemade corn tortillas...did I mention they were good?

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:15 - 7:10 - it is harder to wake up on time when it is still dark outside...part of the reason I don't like winter time as much as summer. When you get up early in the summer it is light outside and you feel like you are starting the day when the day starts...during the winter, it is still dark outside if you get up early and so you feel like you should still be in bed. Today it was more about the clouds than anything else, but I got off on the tangent and couldn't come back...

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: 2 slices of Domino's pizza left over from Saturday, coke.

Dinner: Homemade corn tortillas, beans, cheese, coke. Had some german chocolate cake from mom's birthday and some milk.

0 comments: