Thursday, March 03, 2005

Caravan to Reedy Fork Ranch

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Not much to report. Thursday is our busy day. Shena has piano lessons all afternoon and I have Elder's Quorum Presidency meeting at night. So not much out of the oridnary happens. We went and visited Mike Lineberry for our meeting. They bought a house out at Reedy Fork Ranch, so it is a bit of a drive to get out there. Mike is a funny kid. We had some good laughs out there. I felt like a loser because they started talking about chess, and I was clueless. Never have played it or had the rules explained to me. I guess I need to buy a chess program that teaches you how to play.

I really wish I had something else to report, but that is it. This was my day: work, lunch, work, dinner, meeting, blog, bed. Nothing to it. Don't be mad, that's just the way it is.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena said that Cade got beat up by a girl at the Lundrigan's during piano lessons, and she still had to go teach another one and another student's house. She was going to have Cade stay and play with the kids at Lundrigan's, but Cade didn't want to. He said he was afraid of Meredith. The other piano student has great big (taller than Cade) dogs, so he didn't want to go in there, either. Since she is driving dad's Jeep, she has had the DVD player strapped onto the seats, so she let him stay in the Jeep and watch a movie during the lesson. She said by the time she came out, he had layed down on the floor and was almost asleep.

Kelson can reach the doors now, which isn't that big of a deal, except for when the front door is open. He can then reach up and open the storm door and let himself out. When I got home from work my neighbor was outside, so I stopped to talk to him for a minute, tell him what was going on with our addition, etc., and next thing I know, Kelson is walking across the yard to me, and wants me to pick him up. A few minutes later Shena came running out, "Where's Kelson? Oh, there he is...I was looking for you!" She didn't even know that he had left the house. A little scary, but I think the only reason he did it was because he saw me outside. Hopefully he won't decide he is ready to go outside and sneak out one day on his own without someone out there with him.

Arellano Update
Haven't heard from mom or dad, so I guess they are having fun. That is the assumption mom usually makes when she doesn't hear from us.

Christensen Update
None to report.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:15 - 6:50 - Kelson came in at 6:30 to get us up...but it took me twenty minutes to get oriented and out of bed.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Peanut butter and homemade raspberry jam sandich (2), milk - one girl scout cookie caramel chocolate coconut things...can't remember what they are called (I didn't have much time for lunch...it was an eat and run)

Dinner: Leftovers :-x - Taco soup with sour cream, cheese, corn tortillas. I had some oreos and milk after my meeting

0 comments: