Saturday, March 12, 2005

Idaho Wind

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
We were expecting rain, but it never showed up and wound up being a nice day, except for the constant 10-15 MPH winds. Made me feel like I was in Idaho. We usually don't get a constant wind like that during the day.

Spent the morning running errands. We stopped by the consignment store again, so I could show Shena the bunkbeds to see if she might be interested in them...they were gone. We saw Teresa in the parking lot just as we got there. She was meeting her dad to help him take a table that he had purchased home. She had Coit with her, and he was eating a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, which looked really good. We were going to go to Lowe's or Home Depot next, but decided instead to go to McDonald's. We bought an OJ to wash it down, but they didn't give us a straw for some reason. When we stopped to eat, Shena had put Kelson on the arm rest, which meant his feet were in the drink holders, so I went to put the orange juice up on the dashboard and the lid popped off and the cup folded up and I spilled juice all over the place. Ticked me off. Took me a while to get it cleaned up, and I still don't think I got quite all of it. I wouldn't have been as upset as I was if it was my car, but we were driving dad's Jeep. I hope he isn't too upset with me for that. We stopped at Lowe's to look at chainsaws, and we also got their "kid's project" for this month to work on later. We didn't have a lot of time. Stopped by Target for a few things, came home. We picked up the house for a bit, then I went to mom and dad's to see if dad had a chainsaw to borrow. I couldn't remember if he did or not. I saw mom's last two Sports Illustrated's sitting there, so I had to stop and read over them real quick. Went back home, picked up Shena, then we headed over to Plummer's to pick up Cade (see Llano's Brood). We hung out with the Plummer's for a bit. We were going to have to go and get mom's Explorer from Gunter's before we went and picked her and Marcos up from the airport, so we just kind of hung out there for a little while since it was 1/2 way to Gunter's. Ed said that he needed to go to Home Depot, so he and I wound up going to Lowe's so that I could grab our checkbook to buy a chainsaw. After looking in my yard and the number of trees that are there, I thought i might be able to save some money on this lot clearing if I just had Vachon take the trees down, and I will then clear them myself. I figured it was well worth the $150 the chainsaw was going to cost me. We got our things, went back to the house, and then Shena and the boys and I left to pick up Marcos at the airport. After we picked him up and left mom's car (see Arellano update), we came to our house, ordered Ham's and ate dinner. Mom showed up about and hour and half later, she ate, they left, gave the kids baths, then we went to bed. Not real exciting as far as the stories go, but that was our day.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The ward had a primary activity day this morning that started at 9:00. For some reason both Shena and I thought it started at 10:00 (I think she put it in my head, and I just never double checked). Cade was ready to go at 8:30 (maybe he knew?), but we kept telling him to be patient. We felt bad showing up an hour late. I don't know if Cade actually cared that much, but still. Dede offered to take Cade to Samantha's soccer game after the activity if he wanted to go, and he said he did. She then took him over to their house and she offered to bring him home later, too, but we told her we would come and pick him up. It made it a little easier on us to get our errands run. We only had to fight with Kelson. Cade had a good time with the Plummers. He really likes Dede and Hank...and apparently Hank likes Cade.

Shena was pretty bummed again today. She said she didn't know why, but she definitely didn't feel as good as she did yesterday. She said that she is having a hard time sleeping. She keeps having nightmares about something happening to Cade or Kelson, which explains why I feel like I haven't been getting any sleep. I am such a light sleeper that any noises or movement keeps me up. I've been a little restless sleeping the last couple of nights, too. It was good to spend some time with the Plummers and away from our house for Shena. I think if she spends too much time at the house she starts thinking too much, and that is when she gets bummed out. Hanging out with Dede she has something else to think about and they can talk about different things.

Arellano Update
Marcos was supposed to land at 6:15 and mom at 6:56. We were going to go out about 6:30 and hang out with Marcos at the airport until mom landed and then go out to eat. Marcos actually landed at 5:55 and mom called about the same time to say that her flight hadn't left yet and she wasn't sure when they would be leaving. She said her flight time was a little over an hour (from Cincinnati). We picked up her car from Gunter's at 6:00 and then headed to the airport. We got there about 6:20, so Marcos had to wait a bit, which he didn't mind because NC State was playing against Duke and the game was just over as we got there, and he was watching it in one of the restaurants or bars or something. Just before we got to the airport, mom called to say that she was on her plane and they would be leaving in about 10 minutes. We decided to leave her car there by the baggage claim and she could just drive it to our house herself. She wound up landing at about 7:40, so I'm glad we didn't try to wait for her. We would have had some pretty upset, cranky kids.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 7:00 - Even when the boys go to bed late (9:30 last night) they still get up at 6:30-7:00 - drives me nuts. I was hoping to get to sleep in this morning.

TODAY:
Breakfast: McDonald's - bacon egg and cheese biscuit, oj

Lunch: None - breakfast was at about 10:30 - ran out of time for lunch

Dinner: Ham's - cheeselovers burger, no tom, no onion, fries, coke - later had the last of the brownie from Dede and ice cream with hot fudge

0 comments: