Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Terrible Twos

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I'm trying to write this blog a day and 1/2 after the fact, and I'm coming to the realization that this blog has actually made my memory WORSE. Seems like now after I write about an event, I purge it from my brain...and even if I haven't written yet, my brain now only retains 24 hours worth of events at a time. I've been sitting here trying to remember things that went on, and I can't really. I can remember some things I did, but not really conversations or anything like that. Very frustrating.

I do know that the construction guys did a lot of cleaning today. They are just about finished with their part until they finish up. We will be seeing sub-contractors for the next couple of weeks. The roofers should be here any day, the electrical sub will be here on Saturday, and the HVAC guy will be here one of these days shortly. After that, they said, they would have to wait on inspections before they can continue, and that might take a week or more. Since it has been raining so much, they suspect that the inspectors are backed up.

Found this article on sleep today. I always complain about not feeling like I get enough sleep, I guess I'm not the only one.

Had a short FHE tonight. Mom gave a quick lesson on "Spring Time," then we walked up and down the street to look at flowers and let Cade and Kelson ride their bikes. Cade was a good boy, when we said it was time to go he said "Ok. Let me park my bike." Kelson pitched a fit most of the time. I love the terrible twos.

I was going to work in the yard tonight, but since the electrical guy is coming on Saturday, Shena and I had to go and pick out lights at Lowe's. That was a horrible experience. Again, Kelson was pitching fits left and right. We finally got out of there with what we needed (4 can lights for the room, 1 for the bay window and a fan and light fixture kit to go in the middle of the room.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys went to the park with Dede and Hank, Andrea Larson and Jason and Ashley Ward and Josh. They had a picnic and played on the playground. She said it was muddy and the boys got really dirty, but they had a good time.

Arellano Update
Like I said, had FHE with mom and dad tonight. Dad's feeling sick.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:45 - 6:15 - so much for getting more sleep last night. I went to bed about 10:15...all excited thinking I was going to get a good night's rest, then spent the next 1/2 hour fighting with Cade. He had some kind of nightmare or something and was up and down out of bed. I was so blasted sleepy that I was having a hard time showing any empathy to him. I'm a bad parent. All I could think about was getting some sleep. Anyway, I still couldn't get him to go to sleep so I had to recruit Shena to try to calm him down and get him to go back to sleep. She went in and talked to him for 5 minutes, and he was fine. And then this morning Kelson showed up at 6:00, which didn't let me sleep in to my normal time. So, to summarize I got to sleep about 45 minutes earlier than I normally do, woke up 45 minutes earlier than I normally do. So much for "catching up."

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: Wendy's - big bacon classic with cheese, no tom, no onion, fries, coke

Dinner: Pasta with spaghetti sauce, covered in cheese, texas garlic cheese toast, water. Later had a few oreos cookies.

0 comments: