Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sore Muscles (do I have those?)

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I woke up sore, as I expected. I have one decent blister on my left hand, which is the hand that carried the chainsaw around all day yesterday. There were a couple of times yesterday where it was hard to open it back up after having it wrapped around the handle for so long. I thought my hand might be permanently formed that way. Luckily it returned to normal.

I also woke up with a stuffy head and a dry throat. The throat thing cleared up after a drink...I guess it was just a little sore from breathing through my mouth all night. I'm not sure if the nose is a sign of things to come, or if it was just a mild allergy situation. I would rather a cold, actually. I've never had allergies, so I would hate to start now, but I know that people can develop them anytime...even if it they never have had them before.

Church was fine. Nothing exciting to report there. I spent 1/2 the time walking the halls because my back (mostly the muscles around it) were stiff and sore. It didn't really HURT, but it was uncomfortable to sit, so I paced the halls. I didn't feel like getting down on the floor in my suit and stretch out. That might have looked funny.

After church Jeff Needham invited us over to his house to watch the UNC vs. Iowa St. game. I thought he was just joking around when he first asked us, and I kind of blew him off, but then later he said something to Shena about me "shooting him down." I called him back when we got home from church and apologized for not taking him seriously. We wound up taking the boys over to watch the game with them. I can't say that we have been best buds, but I appreciated Jeff extending a friendly invitation like that. We will certainly try to do things with them on occasion. He has been our home teacher for a little while, and we've seen him on several occasions, and I've played basketball with him for quite a while, but we've never actually hung out, so it was kind of cool to spend a little time with them. I like Jody, his wife, she seems very sweet. We tried to carry on a decent conversation, but Jeff and I were into the game too much to really focus on anything else that was going on. We had a good time, though.

After we left the Needham's, we just came home and played with the boys...watched a few more games (I watched the last 12 minutes of the Duke vs. Mississippi St.), and then watched Cops. I think, though, that I need to start a new daily entry to the blog...an accounting of how much time I spend watching TV. I'll have to think on that one a bit. I don't know if I want all of you knowing how much time I WASTE (and I mean waste...I hate TV sometimes) sitting in front of the TV. It might shame me into watching less and being more productive in other areas of my life. I've tried to cut back a good deal in the last six months or so, but I know I could cut more out. Sports seems to be the hard one for me to give up. As much as I like to watch "The Amazing Race" and "Lost," I really don't think I would be devastated if I couldn't watch them again. But cutting out sports (especially football and basketball) would leave me pretty bummed. And the sad thing is, I spend more time watching sports than my other shows combined. Anyway, that a tangent...I'll think about making it a daily report. Feedback appreciated.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade and Kelson had a good time at the Needham's. Even though they have two girls, they had a train set and a VCR that was showing Disney movies, so the boys were fine. They just kind of ran around the house, playing. I didn't catch them playing with any dolls, so that is a good thing. I didn't consider that before we went over, or we might not have gone. Kidding.

Shena did well at church. Not many people spent a lot of time dwelling on what happened to us. Joe Hamilton told her he was sorry, but that was about the extent of it. That is what she wanted. I'm sure if we had gone last week it would have been a different story, but since we were 10 days removed from the whole situation, I'm sure it slipped most peoples mind, which is fine.

Arellano Update
Dad will be home on Wednesday from Mexico. I'm looking forward to it, because I know that he will help me cut down some more trees and clear the ones I have laying out there right now from Saturday. Cade is excited to show him his bike.

Christensen Update
None that I now of. Shena talked to her mom for a while today, but we haven't had a chance to review that news, yet.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:15 - 7:30 - I got caught watching "The Outer Limits" again...I don't know why that show drags me in...I just HAVE to know what the outcome is. Which is ridiculous, because my knowing how the show ends has no affect on my life whatsoever (other than contributing to my sleep deprivation).

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Tracy's chicken pita's with cheese and ranch dressing...mom and Shena didn't really feel like cooking, so we had leftovers, had a coke with mine

Dinner: Peanut butter and apricot preserves on wheat (just one sandwich), milk, piece of apple pie, two chocolate chip cookies (they were fresh, I HAD to have one tonight) - I only had the sandwich so that I could justify my eating two pieces of dessert. Otherwise, I would have just eaten the pie and cookies...but I would have felt guilty writing in my blog that I had cookies and apple pie for dinner...then again, I just told you WHY I had the peanut butter sandwich, so what's the difference, right? Next time I'm just going to eat the pie and cookies.

1 comments:

Adam Arellano said...

Man, once again you have a great idea with the TV log thing. I am going to do that except with scripture study and prayer so that I can improve on the frequency of it. And by the way, I learn everything that happens with the Arellanos from your blogg anyway, but if you miss anything I will add it.