Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Contacted our Contractor

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Kind of cold today, but it has been for several days. I wish it would warm up because otherwise it has been nice the last two days...sunny, no clouds. I'm ready for spring.

Called Leon Vachon, our contractor, today to see if he had forgotten about us. He said that the Building Office for the city just moved a couple of weeks ago to a new location, so they had several days of not issuing any permits, so they were behind by about 12 days. He said that he had called today to check on ours and they said they were done. He said that they will be starting in the next day or two and that he would be stopping by to put up the permit box and to check to make sure the ground wasn't too soggy. Hopefully we'll see some action soon. I'm ready to get this over with.

Read this CNN Article today and thought I would recommend it to all of you. A good opportunity to help out the troops if you want.

Watched "Lost" tonight with Shena. A funny episode. I've always thought of Hurley as the comic relief for the island. He is the only one who says anything funny. They showed some of his flashbacks, and it was comical to see what had happened to him up to that point. The only disappointing part of the show was when they showed the preview for next week...and it was a repeat from several weeks ago. We'll have to wait at least two weeks before we get a new episode.

I've been trying to keep my eyes open for a good deal on a cheap computer. We are only looking for a computer...we don't need speakers or monitor or anything like that. The one we have now here at home is about 5 1/2 years old, which is getting up there in computer age. The hard drive is about full and the processor (500 mhz) is starting to show up as "minimum system requirements" on software boxes. Not a good thing. We also are still running Windows 98 on that thing, and, again, newer software won't go onto that OS. I wish there was somewhere you could go to build your own computer component by component and not have to "start" with a base model and build from there. Oh well...I'll keep looking.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Kelson was cracking us up at lunch today. I like to turn on the radio when I'm home for lunch instead of having the TV on. When the TV is on, nobody talks, and somebody is getting mad at somebody else for being noisy so that the other person can't hear their show. With the radio, it doesn't matter. It is more of a background noise more than anything. Plus, when the radio is on you can't hear other people chewing their food, which grosses me out for some reason. ANYWAY (sorry about that tangent there) Kelson started dancing...well, I think it was dancing. He kept throwing his fist in the air, then bringing it down...kind of like he was lifting a dumbell over his head, then he would bob his head. Very funny...and when we laughed at him he started giggling and doing it even more. Not sure where he learned those dance moves, but I'm sure it wasn't from ME.

He also made his first (that I've seen, anyway) basket on their basketball hoop. Before he would try to throw the ball up there, but it would either go backwards (slipping out of his hand) or it would hit the underside of the basket. So he would go and get a stool and stand on top of it to throw the ball in. Well, he kept trying today and I wouldn't let him get the stool. He tossed the ball up and over...it rolled around the rim and then fell in. I think Cade was more excited than Kelson was. He started screaming "He made it! Daddy, he made it! Good job Kelson!" Cade then came running up to me to give me five. Kelson just kind of screamed and jumped up and down, then went and grabbed the ball to try it again. I tried to get him to come and give me five too, but he wouldn't. He was more interested in making it again. He then proceeded to make about 15 more shots before the night was over and every time Cade would run up to me and give me five...Kelson would every now and then, but every time he made one he would clap and then throw his hands in the air like he had just scored a touchdown. Very funny.

Cade is still being a good kid. The last two days we haven't had any problems with him hardly at all. He has also eaten all of his lunch and dinner, which hadn't happened in a little while. He has even eaten a few things that he wouldn't eat before. Tonight he had corn, which he normally doesn't like, in his taco soup. And every time he finishes his dinner he says "Cade gets a cookie now. Kelson doesn't get one, because he didn't eat his food. But Cade ate his food and he gets a cookie now, huh?"

Arellano Update
Adam has done a better job of writing in his blog. I am especially enjoying hearing about his job. I haven't really known much about what he does, but this gives me a little insight. And Adam, if you are reading this, I will take 300 of those special pills you are going to invent to control a pregnant woman's hormones!

Christensen Update
None to report tonight.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:40 - 6:50 - again, couldn't get to sleep...I'm feeling it right now though, so hopefully I can report more hours tomorrow night.

TODAY:^
Breakfast: 1 Bowl of Frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: Tuna on wheat with cheese, lettuce, Ruffles originals and A&W. Had one Girl Scout Pinata for dessert

Dinner: Taco soup (a Shena specialty), with sour cream, cheese, and corn tortillas - milk, then had two oreos. Later, as we watched "Lost" I had a cup of Stephen's Raspberry Hot Chocolate (it's been pretty cold recently) and a banana.

0 comments: