Saturday, April 30, 2005

Ever hit a truck at 100 on a motorcycle?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Not much to do today, so I really should have done some blogging, but I just didn't feel like sitting in the office 1/2 the day. I spent the morning mowing the yard. My first time this year. Thus far Shena has taken care of it because I've had trees and limbs to clear in the back yard. It rained last night, so I didn't really want to go out in the mud, otherwise I would have done more in the yard. They have scraped it so it isn't as rough as it was, but there are a lot of chips on the surface and still a lot of branches out there. I'm going to have to go section by section to get some of those big branches out of the way. It would take years and years for those to decompose. We are having a hard time trying to decide what to do with the backyard. Some days we think we should go ahead and seed...at least with rye...so that it isn't so muddy, but then we think we don't want to take the chance of the seed going to waste because it is too late in the spring to seed. That would just be a waste of money...and it would probably be muddy anyway. The other thought is to lay down sod about 10 feet back from the deck towards the house. That way the boys at least have some place to pay this summer, then seed the rest of the yard in the fall. I'll have to do some pricing to figure out if it would be worthwhile or not. I wish we had the money to sod all of it. I'm not real good at bringing grass to life...so any advantage I could get would be nice. Oh well. I also spent part of the morning moving some logs from the side of the house to the back where the rest of them are. They are from an ice strom about 3 years ago that cause a tree to come down in the back...somehow it felel between our house and the neighbor's fence and didn't cause any damage at all. Anyway, we cut it up and just put it to the side. There it sat all this time, getting eaten by termites and looking ugly.

We went to mom's to clean her house after I finished with the yard. Dad dug a hole for one of his plants before he left, but for some reason never planted the plant. I did it for him...it will probably die before he gets back because I packed the dirt too high or something. Not good with those things at all.

We came home, ate a late lunch, then I headed to Lowe's to get some more paint for the room, then went to Home Depot to look at their storage buildings. We are still trying to decide what size and how much we want to spend on one. We defintely need one, we just don't want it too be too small or too big, either. I'll keep you up to date.

I spent the afternoon playing with the boys in the living room while Shena laid down. Her stomach was bothering her. We had dinner, then watched "Cops." We watched this moron on a motorcycle try to run from the cops and wound up hitting a Ford F-150 at about 100 mph. Knocked the truck out of its lane and onto the curb. Dude was pretty much folded in half, unconscious and not breathing on the pavement when the cops got there. They showed his helmet later, and it was cracked from the back up to the crown of the helmet. The EMT got him resucitated (sp?), but who knows if he made it. Shena goes "That is why you will NEVER have a motorcycle." I guess she thought that I was going to be running from the cops if i had one, or something.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Not much to report...the boys were pretty good for the most part. They both took pretty long naps in the middle of the afternoon while I was out at Lowe's and Home Depot.

Arellano Update
Today was Lettie's birthday. We tried to call and talk to her, but she didn't answer her phone. We (the boys and I) left her a message, but she never called back. Hope she got it. If not, Happy Birthday Sissy.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT^:
Sleep: 11:30 - 8:00 - Shena was very nice and let me sleep in some this morning...didn't have anyplace to be, per se, so I took advantage of it.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: Beans with corn tortillas and cheese, A&W

Dinner: Tortellini with spaghetti sauce, covered with cheese, corn bread twists (corn bread shaped like twisted rolls), water.

0 comments: