Friday, April 22, 2005

Temple Night

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
The construction crew started working on re-attaching our deck today. They lost use of the bobcat they had earlier, so they had to improvise a bit to get it back to where they were going to put it back on. I wasn't here to see it, but they supposedly used some old logs to help roll it into place. They didn't actually bolt it up and in place yet, they just got it back under the door. It looks a little funny because the room is several feet wider than the deck, but otherwise I think it will be fine.

After work Shena and I went to the temple with the Lundrigan's and the Williams'. We rode with the Williams' in their new Town & Country, as did Leesa. Gordon was in Lumberton (coast) all day, so he just met us in Raleigh. We had a 7:45 session, left at 6:00 and got there at 7:15. It was nice to be able to be comfortable about the trip and not feel rushed. We took a way that Shena and I had never been, but will be sure to use in the future. Rather than fighting the interstate traffic, we went south first, then east. The roads we were on were still highways (four lanes and divided), but they were much less traveled, and the scenery was much better than the interstate. We had a good session, then headed out.

As we walked out to the car, we had planned on riding back with the Williams'. Leesa mentioned just as we arrived in Raleigh that she hadn't eaten. We had time and we tried to get her to eat before we went in, but she said she didn't want to. I was hoping that we would all at least stop and get dessert, but the Williams' had told their babysitter they would be back by 10:00 (not sure what Susan was thinking on that one...we didn't get out of the session until 9:30), so they had to head straight home. Shena and I had already put our bags in their car, but we still asked if they would be offended if we rode with the Lundrigan's so that we could stop and get some dessert with them. They said they didn't mind, but I still felt bad. I felt like we were ditching them. I hope they didn't feel ditched.

We wound up stopping at Chili's, and once we got inside I got hungry, so I wound up ordering an appetizer. We also had some dessert, then headed home. We had a good time talking to Gordon and Leesa. We like all of our friends, but sometimes it is good to just have a double date as opposed to a triple or quadruple date, as often happens with our group. It was 12:00 before we got home, so we just kind of headed straight for bed.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
How could we head straight to bed? What about the boys? That was the best part of the night...they spent it at G'ma and G'pa's house. Cade had been bugging for quite a while, since dad got back from Mexico, Shena says. So we finally let them stay over there. I don't think either one of them said "goodbye" to us when g'ma showed up to pick them up. They were out the door and didn't look back. Makes me wonder.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:^
Sleep: 11:00 - 7:10 - I crashed last night. once I fell asleep I was gone until about 7:10 when Kelson and Shena woke me up. All that sun I guess.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats

Lunch: "Tuna burgers" as Shena calls them, "tuna melts" as I call them...tuna on buns, covered with cheese, broiled in the oven, lay's chips, A&W, had a few cookies and milk, too.

Dinner: Russian Dressing Chicken, white rice, bread, water - then as mentioned earlier, Chili's - fajita quesadilla with beans and rice (which I didn't eat much of...the rice and beans weren't good at all), Shena and I split a "Molten Chocolate Cake" and I quote from their menu "Warm chocolate cake with chocolate fudge filling. Topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy chocolate shell." It was VERY good. Made our drive home very satisfying.

2 comments:

Adam Arellano said...

is the blog server taking a few days to post your entries or are you just writing them late? Cause this one from friday just barely showe up today.

Anonymous said...

ahhhhhhh hahaha, adam has jokes. funny coming from a guy that seldomly posts his blog on time. I would have to say that he is doing better with pictures than you are. so lets see some more pics. some suggestions...kelson's bday, the reattached deck, the grounded up stumps, etc., etc.

-cos