Sunday, May 01, 2005

Pool is a good Sunday activity, right?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I taught Cade's primary class today. Bro. Allen and his wife had their baby this week. It went ok. Actually a little better than I thought. I had four kids in there...Cade, Josh Ward, Clara Baughan and Sara Allen. They seemed to have a good time and seemed to learn something. I ran about 10 minutes short, so I got some picture books for them too look at. I think maybe I should have done that the entire time. They were the best when they could just look at the books themselves and show ME pictures. I enjoyed teaching the class because Cade was in there...but I wouldn't want to do it again if he wasn't.

We had the Plummer's over for dinner. We usually eat with mom and dad on Sunday, but since they were gone we felt like we had to at least have someone over. We don't know what it is like to have dinner on our own. We owed them anyway, they invited us over several months ago and we hadn't repaid them yet. After dinner, the kids played in the front yard for a bit...but we quickly realized that there is much less to do at our house and much less space than the Plummer's. Ed and I felt like we needed a pool fix, so we cruised over there for the rest of the night. Funny thing is in church they passed out a "Talent and Interest Survey" that we are supposed to fill out. Ed and I joked that we should put down that we were "experts" in billiards (it was listed, believe it or not...has the church's official sanction on it and everything). We figured we were the best in the ward, anyway...or we should be as much as we've played recently.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were pretty good. As reported at least a million times before this, the boys LOVE going over to the Plummer's. The Plummer's are going to think the only reason we go over there is so that our boys can run around like maniacs in their house and in their yard.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 7:30 - I actually got up earlier at first, but there was no reason to get up any earlier than that...so I went back to bed.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none

Lunch: none - well...kinda...we ate about 3:30-ish...does that qualify for lunch or dinner? Lunch I guess.

Dinner: Spaghetti casserolle (sp?) - a recipe Shena got from her mom that is really good. She browns some hamburger with tons of onions and green peppers, then adds stewed tomatoes, water and spaghetti noodles. Good stuff. I put cheese on top of mine, we also had green beans, cheese bread and salad (everybody else did, anyway). We had some jello cake (white cake with jello poured into it after it comes in the oven) covered with cool whip. I drank A&W, then had some milk with my cake. I ate WAY too much, but it was dang good.

0 comments: