Saturday, April 16, 2005

Who Needs A Right Big Toe?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Nothing exciting to report today. Shena found me a chipper at A-1 rental, bad thing was they didn't open until 8:00 and then they close at 5:30, so the chipper had to be back by 5:30 or I would be charged for Sunday and the hours I had it on Monday. Pretty dumb. I had to buy a tongue and hitch first, got the chipper, then headed to the house. I was kind of expecting some scouts to show up, but didn't see a single one all day. They've been advertising in the ward bulletin they were looking for work to do to raise money for their scout trip, but apparently they don't want the money real bad, because they've had two weeks in a row that they could have come to my house to make money, and nobody has shown up. Maybe they just didn't want to work for me, I don't know. Anyway, it took me about 30 minutes to get the chipper backed up into the yard. I don't have a lot of experience with backing up trailers, so it took me a bit to figure out which way to turn the wheel. Luckily Shena was out there helping guide me, or I probably would have driven through the addition or popped a tire or something.

I worked on my own from 9:00 until about 12:00, when dad got done witha meeting he had. By the that time I had finished two smaller piles, but I didn't think there was anyway we would get through all of the piles we wanted to. But it went about 3 times faster with the two of us. All I had to do was worry about feeding the branches in, while dad seperated the piles and moved the branches closer to the hopper. That chipper could handle a good deal more than I thought it would. And it sped right along. We had to stop about 2:30 to fill up the tank (and it was much easier to back the thing in this time, since I had a little experience now), but otherwise it ran non-stop from 9:00 until about 4:45 when we finished the major piles that we wanted to get to. At that point my back was killing me and dad was wearing out too. We probably could have put in a bunch more, but we had had enough. If we had one or two others there helping, it would have been nice, but we got about 95% of it done on our own.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade was not a good boy today. Our hall coat closet isn't supposed to open all the way. It has a door stop on it that stops it about at about 90 degrees. For some reason he was a punk all day, and I don't know if he got mad at Shena or what, but he pushed the closet door past the poin it is upposed to go and blew out the screws on the top hinge. It leans now from the top and the casing is cracked and broken.

Arellano Update
As mentioned, dad came out to help with the branches. After we were done he and I were hungry because we hadn't eaten all day. Dad thought Golden Corrall sounded good, so he invited us out.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 7:00 - didn't get to sleep as soon as I'd liked, but still got a good jump on the day.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheat

Lunch: None - wanted to keep that chipper going as long as I could before I had to take it back.

Dinner: Golden Corral - as I list this off remember, it isn't a full serving of everything I ate...just a couple bites of each...also remember I didn't eat lunch, so I wasn't being that much of a pig: salad (with cheese, boiled eggs, carrots, thousand island), pot roast, roasted potatoes and carrots, rotisserie chicken, green beans, mac and cheese, two yeast rolls, water - for dessert, banana pudding, some kind of white cake with chocolate frosting and some kin of whip cream stuff...not good at all, some kind of chocolate crunch thing...oatmeal and caramel and choclate syrup...pretty good, raspberry and vanilla twirl soft serv ice cream - milk. Man that sounds like a lot. But I didn't feel stuffed afterwards, which is the measuring stick if you ask me.

0 comments: