Sunday, April 10, 2005

Love Me A Chili Burger

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Church was as usual. Afterwards went to mom's to eat lunch with the Idaho group. A beautiful day to cook out. Seventy-two degrees and sunny, about 20% humidity (which is like nothing out here), very slight breeze to keep you comfortable. Can't complain a bit. We even had a table to eat on outside. It was good times.

Watched The Masters most of the afternoon. What a great round of golf. After the first round on Thursday they were already saying Tiger was out of it. By this morning (finishing the daylight delayed 3rd round), Tiger was up by 3 strokes. Long story short, he was up by 1 stroke going into the par 3 16th hole. DiMarco (his only competition today) put his shot in the middle of the green, 15 feet from the cup. Tiger flew the green. He had to chip back onto the green. It is severely sloped down towards the hole, and Tiger played it perfectly, the ball rolled to the edge of the cup, stopped for about a second or so (and I mean STOPPED), then suddenly fell in. Incredible, awesome, suspenseful shot. I usually don't yell at the tv for golf, but I was screaming during and after that one. I don't know if I'll ever forget it. Wait, never mind, everybody knows I will, but I will savor it as long as I can before it disappears into the abyss that is my brain. If you didn't see it today, be sure to check out SportsCenter. I'm sure they will show it several times during the show.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade and Kelson played in Grandpa's tree today. Cade got scraped up and came inside crying. When Shena tried to clean it he freaked out. Not sure what his big deal was, but he was screaming like his arm had been but off. Putting a band-aid on it made it worse. Shena finally got him calmed down when we found a second scrape on the back of his other arm. Deja vu all over again. He freaked out when we cleaned it and put a band-aid on it again. I hate to see what happens when he really gets hurt. That won't be a fun trip to the emergency room.

When we said prayers tonight, though, he thanked Heavenly Father for band-aids. Said he was glad he could have band-aids to make him get better. Very cute.

Arellano Update
Dad said he was pretty sore from yesterday...of course. I don't know how you couldn't be.

Christensen Update
Shena talked to her mom for a bit, but I can't report anything she told me. :)

Daily Report
^LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:00 - 7:10 - I wanted to go to bed earlier, but I just couldn't get to sleep again. Very frustrating because I know I'm tired and my body is exhausted. I spent the day walking around like a zombie because when I finally DID get to sleep, I didn't sleep well. Felt like I only got 2 hours. You know what I just realized? I whine about my sleep patterns more than anything else. I'm sure it is getting annoying for the rest of you...I'll try to curb it a bit.

TODAY:
Breakfast: none - forgot it was fast Sunday last night, so I fasted about 3/4 day instead of 24 hours. Bad Cheeto.

Lunch: Double cheese burger (double cheese, single pattie), with fresh lettuce, mustard, ketchup and Sis. Yow's chilli...doesn't get much better than that, my friends...ESPECIALLY on fast Sunday when you are starving to death. Also had some potato salad, baked beans and Lay's potato chips with A&W. After a power nap while watching golf, I had two scoops of Neopolatin (sp?).

Dinner: Yeah, right. After that lunch? I wasn't hungry. Had a piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting, though. It has eggs, water and flour...which are pretty healthy, and then I had it with a glass of milk, which is really healthy. I think I came out ahead on that.

0 comments: