Saturday, April 23, 2005

Pool Sharkin' It

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
One of those Saturday's that you have to LOVE. Nothing planned, even though I probably could have done some yard work, I decided not too. It isn't hot enough for the grass to have to be mowed weekly yet, (although every 10 days is probably pushing it) so I blew it all off.

Went to help Bevan and Amanda Buchanan move this morning. Brad Crockett, is just an animal. I've mentioned before how much he helped with the trees in my yard, and he was the first one there to help move, and was the last one to leave. There were a couple of boxes that I couldn't have lifted one corner of, and he was tossing them up into his arms like they were rolls of toilet paer. Anyway, enough of my weird fascination with his work ethic (jealousy?), Ed was in charge of calling everybody to try to get some people out to help. I'm not sure what kind of promises he made to people (pizza?, $25/hr?, eternal salvation?), but he sure did get them out. We had about 14 of us all together, for the Buchanan's little apartment. Needless to say none of us had to work very hard, or very long. Half an hour and we were out of there. They were moving out of the ward and were supposed to have people from their new ward at their new place to help them move in...nobody showed. It wound up being Bevan and Brad emptying the truck. He said it wasn't bad, but I feel bad I didn't follow them over like I thought I should have.

Since we finished the move so quickly, I had a few minutes before Shena expected me home, so I stopped by mom and dad's to drop off my clubs (I store them in the garage) and pick up a sprayer so that I could put Round-Up on some weeds and poison ivy in the back yard. It was broken, so I ran to Lowe's for a new one. I took about an hour to spray all that I wanted to get sprayed. Let's just hope it works because the backyard is COVERED with poison ivy.

Shena told Teresa Slack that we would go with her to see a house that her sister-in-law had painted a mural in and that was in this year's Parade of Homes. The house was in Plummer's neighborhood, so we stopped by there first. Ed and I wound up playing a couple of games of pool before we headed to the house. We all walked over from the Plummer's. On the way, Ed got sidetracked with talking to one of his neighbors. The house was nice...no it was niiiiicccccceeeee. One of the bedrooms was big enough to put at least three kids in...and they would still be comfortable. We saw the Slack's there, and they came down to Plummer's after they were done looking at the house. Munsey, Ed and I played pool while the girls talked and giggled. Munsey kicked our butts. It was obvious he had played quite a bit. He said he took several pool "classes" in college for electives. It showed. After the Slack's left we decided that the Plummer's weren't tired of us yet (or so we thought in our heads...we'll never know for sure), so we stayed a while longer, ordered dinner at Ham's, then came home about 8:00 ish.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The bad thing with being at Plummer's all afternoon is we didn't get much done around the house. Shena realized once we got home that she needed to finish laundry, iron shirts, make a cake and decorate the other one, etc. But we were having too much fun at the Plummer's. Well worth it.

We like that the boys like to stay with Grandma and Grandpa, but we don't like the way they come home after. Grandma (or was it Grandpa?) let them stay up until 11:30. Never a good idea. No matter what time they go to bed, they get up at 6:30. That means if they go to bed at 8:30, they get 10 hours of sleep...if they go to bed at 11:30, they get 7 hours of sleep...and they sure do act like it. They were little poops all day. They wouldn't take naps ("I'm not tired..."whine). They kept having these screaming fits, crying, screaming, uncontrollable. It was a long day as far as that goes. We'll have to have a long talk with the boys before they can spend the night at Gma and Gpas again. Maybe we will have to have a talk with the adults too!

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 7:30 - I was hoping to get to sleep sooner, but it didn't happen. Just laid awake for a while for some reason.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted flakes

Lunch: none

Dinner: Ham's - cheese lover's burger, no tom, no onion, fries, caffeine free Mt. Dew (thanks for sharing, Dede, I know it was a sacrifice.

0 comments: