Tuesday, April 05, 2005

HVAC Worries

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
It's never fun to hear "I've got some bad news." In particular, I never like to hear that from my contractor. Shawn called me this morning to tell me that he had just found out that code has changed in Greensboro city on HVAC inspections. He said that we had to have a volume test and report before the inspector would come out. He was looking for plans of the house so that they could give them to a guy who could run tests on a simulation program to figure out the volume our unit put out. He was mostly looking for plans that showed where the windows and doors were on the house, what their energy ratings were, etc. He said we should have received them from our builder at closing on the house. Well, since we had a weenie builder, we've never received the plans (I didn't know we should have gotten them in the first place.) Shawn started panicking because he thought that we were going to have to have somebody come out and create new plans for us or get them from the city or something, and that could take weeks. Come to find out, all he needed to do was a rough sketch with placement of the windows and doors, and then his guy could do the simulation. The second issue was we had NO IDEA how much it was going to cost us to get this simulation run. I prepared myself for the worst, thinking maybe $1,000 or $1,500. It also caused me to worry that we wouldn't be able to get the trees cut down like we had planned because we wouldn't be able to afford it. Long story short, they went and got the simulation run, then showed Shena the invoice for $150. Much better than I expected. Everything is ok now...so far.

The tree guy is still supposed to come tomorrow to cut down all the rest of the trees that are coming down. As soon as I got home from work, I changed clothes and went back out and chipped up as many branches as I could by dark. I still didn't get as far as I would have liked, but at least I got the branches taht were in the middle of the yard done.

When I got done chipping, my body was aching, so I took a long shower ate some dinner and laid down on the couch. I thought I would get tired, but I found myself becoming more and more awake. Not fun when you REALLY want to be able to go to sleep.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena and the boys had a park date with Leesa, Dede and Ashley Ward. Shawn had called me about 20 minutes before she was supposed to leave, and when he decided he could do all the drawings himself, he just needed to take measurements in the house. Shena couldn't get a hold of her friends to let them know she couldn't make it, so I ran home to be there at the house while they took the measurements. Sounds like the boys had fun, though.

Because they got to go to the park, Shena told Cade that he should tell me thank you for running home so they could go. Cade suggested that they make me chocolate chip cookies. Smart kid. :)

Arellano Update
Didn't see dad today. Mom came and sat at the house for a bit so that I could go back to work while Shena was at the park. Not sure how long she was there.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 2:00 - 7:15 - not sure why my body is doing this, but I just can't get to sleep. I guess it is the stress thing again...it's killing me, though

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Sonic - Coney dog (long chili and cheese dog) with mustard, fries, coke - I didn't take a full lunch since I spent part of the morning at home.

Dinner: Sweet and sour chicken, white rice, bread, apple juice - had a couple of chocolate chip cookies and some milk before bed

0 comments: