Sunday, April 24, 2005

I Thought YOU Had The Lesson

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Pretty funny situation at church today. In Elder's Quorum, one of the presidency (I won't say who, but his name starts with an "E" and ends in a "D") was supposed to have the lesson, but he didn't know he did. Joe Hamilton asked him if he needed a chalkboard, Ed just kind of chuckled and said, "No, I don't think I'll need the chalkboard." Turns out Ed didn't get the e-mail that Joe sent out assigning everybody their lesson dates. We all had a good laugh after that and gave him a hard time about it.

Got to have a nap today. The boys stayed at grandpa's after lunch. They didn't want to come home with Shena and I, and we needed to finish getting ready for Kelson's party. We had about 60 minutes before everybody showed up, so we both layed down for a power nap.

I say "party" but it really wasn't. Just had the Plummer's and Slacks (so that Hank and Coit could be there) over for cake and ice cream. Kelson had been asleep at grandma's, so he was a little cranky, but once he got to open a present or two, he was in a good mood again. He was funny opening his presents. He kept making this funny little squeal and was excited to show everybody what he got. Now that I think about it, I can't believe we didn't videotape it. Not sure what I was thinking on that one. After we got that new digital camera, we have used it so much we just kind of forget about the video camera. Of course grandma and grandpa were there too. Good times. Good times.

I spent part of the night reading an article on Edmunds.com about a guy who writes for Edmunds who went "undercover" as a car salesman for a couple of months. Pretty interesting, but also pretty long. Not sure why I read the whole thing. Can't say that I gained that much knowledge, but it was still interesting. Of course we watched "Extreme Makeover Home Edition". I still love that show. I like to see people being nice to one another. I've also read a couple of articles recently about it and what a good thing it is. One online, one in Reader's Digest. If you aren't watching it, you should check it out.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena did an awesome job on Kelson's cake. She is so artistic it's incredible. No way I could ever come up with the stuff she does and make it look as good as she does. You can see for yourself the pictures.

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
None to report that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 6:30, 7:00 - 8:00 - I tried to stay awake at 6:30, but Friday night's late night was too much for me.
TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn niblits, rolls, sprite

Dinner: Cake and ice cream...my favorite meal

0 comments: