Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I Don't Want to Hear It

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Give me a hard time if you want, but I've been extremely busy. This will be a short post to give you a brief outline of what happened today.

As you can see from the pictures, the guy showed up to knock down the trees today. I was there for about 1/2 of it. It was pretty cool. At one point, he knocked down three trees at once. Impressive. The only bad thing about that was two of the trees I had wanted to keep, but he couldn't get to the tree behind them without taking them out too, so they had to go. It is quite a mess. Going to take a while to get it all cut up. After work, dad, Shena and I got started. We moved to about the middle of the yard and cut a path through to the back of the yard so that we could get stuff moved to the piles. We also got the chipper to the back of the yard by going through our neighbors yard and then through the trees that seperate his yard and mine. We worked for about 2 hours, and got a pretty decent amount done, if you ask me.

Got our taxes back today. Keith Hiatt does ours for us, and he had bad news this year. In the past we have always received a refund. Not this year. Not even close. I was able to get it down some. I get 1099'd for the small amount of commissions that I earn, so I can also write of business expenses. I didn't realize just how many expenses I DO have. When it is just a little here and a little there, it adds up pretty quick. Oh well, the government has to have money to run, so at least I am doing my part!

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were excited to watch the trees come down...well, Cade was anyway. Kelson watched the first one fall, then hid in a corner of the room because it scared him. He wanted to be held after that. Cade came out and broke a branch off one of the trees. He was pretty proud of himself for that. Thought he was helping.

Arellano Update
Mom came over while dad Shena and I started on the trees. She watched the boys and cooked us dinner. We are getting a lot of help from mo and dad on this, and we really appreciate it. Just a few more weeks and I think things will be back to normal around our house.

Christensen Update
None to report.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 7:00 - a little better...still had a hard time going to sleep last night, but not as bad as the last couple. I guess at some point my body will realize it needs sleep and will fall asleep at a normal hour.

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted flakes

Lunch: Tuna on wheat with cheese, carrot sticks, milk, two chocolate chip cookies

Dinner: Homemade corn tortillas, beans, cheese, sprite - later had chocolate chip cookies and milk

0 comments: