Friday, April 15, 2005

Not A Chipper to Rent In Town

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Work was work.

Siince the Plummer's got a new pool table, they invited a couple of us over to break it in. Shena and I and the Lundrigan's were the only ones who could make it. The boys ran around and played with Hank and the girls, the rest of us ate, then played some pool and talked. Since it was Ed's table, we all let him win most of the time. We didn't want to have him get upset and take his toy and not share anymore. We had fun, though and we left about 10:45 to head home. The boys were still playing at that time, believe it or not. They are turning into night owls like their dad. Not good.

I was planning on laving about 9:00 to head to Home Depot to rent a chipper. Everybody we called rents chippers on a "first come, first served" basis. The guy at Home Depot assured Shena that no one would be picking up the chippper at that time of night. And I didn't want to take the chance of being 2nd at Home Depot when the opened in the morning. Just before I left, Shena called Home Depot to make sure that they had the chipper available. Sure enough, somebody had beat me to the punch and rented it 20 minutes before Shena called. In other words, somebody was smarter than me and rented it just after dark so that they had 24 hours to return it, which would be just after dark on Saturday. I think you follow the logic that I failed to recognize. She called the other Home Depot out on Wendover, theirs was rented 45 minutes before she called. That left me up in the air - unsure if I would be able to find one tomorrow. Ed took the opportunity to tempt me to go and play golf with him Saturday morning. I resisted.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were really good and Plummers. They just kind of make themselves at home over there, now. Cade usually is careful not to knock down Hank as he head straight for Hank's toys. Kelson likes to wander around the house. All they do is talk about going to "Dede's." I guess that means they like it overe there, huh?

Arellano Update
None to report.

Christensen Update
None to report.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 7:30

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Pasta with spaghetti sauce, covered with cheese, Texas cheese toast, kool-aid - Shena said this was to make up for what we would be having for dinner.

Dinner: Sandwiches on hamburger buns (three meats - roast beef, turkey, ham) provolone cheese, lettuce, dijon mustard, pickle slices), Mexico Restaurant chips, cheese dip, doritos, A&W - we snacked on Skittles and Milky Way bites, then had hot brownies (Dede knows how much I like this brownie mix she has, so she makes it for me all the time...wait maybe that isn't just for me) with vanilla ice cream and chocolate syrup and caramel on top.

0 comments: