Sunday, April 03, 2005

I Love/Hate Daylight Savings Time

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
So I have this love/hate relationship with daylight savings time. I love it about 95% of the time. I just hate it the first week or two as my body tries to adjust. Remember a few days ago when I was bragging about starting to get up at 6:30 every morning? Well I didn't think about how quickly daylight savings was coming up, or I would have waited a couple of weeks to make the change. Now I have to have a couple of days of dragging myself out of bed at 6:30 and fighting sleep later in the day. I do love the extra light, though. I will be able to get a great deal more done in the yard since it will be staying light outside for an extra hour. As a matter of fact, I have already planned out tomorrow night. Either dad or Shena is going to pick up the chipper from Home Depot tomorrow afternoon and have it here at the house so that we can unpack it and use it tomorrow night. We should be able to put a bit of a dent into the branches that we've accumulated out there. I decided that for Family Home Evening tomorrow, I'm going to teach the boys about working hard. They will be putting on grubby clothes and playing out in the dirt with us while we chip. It was pretty windy today, warm and sunshiny, so it looked like the yard dried up quite a bit. I'm sure by tomorrow night, after another day of sunny, warm and breezy weather, the ground will be fairly dry in most places, so they won't get too dirty. Should be fun anyway having them out there. I may even try to talk mom and Shena into coming out and helping a bit. I know they could help by picking up some glass and bottles that are out there in the yard. We'll see what happens after they read this!!!

Ben and J.R. Mizukawa are in town for the weekend. Ben is in his first year of residency in Cincinnati, but got two weeks off. They are here for a week or so, then are headed back. They brought their girls and Grandma Jensen over to watch the first session with us. We thought we might be able to send the kids into the boys room to play, but it didn't really work out that way. Even though the kids were in the living room with us, they were actually pretty good. The boys were much quieter today than they were yesterday. It was fun having them over. We only get to see them once a year. Ben is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I wish they lived closer so that we could do more things with them.

After the first session of conference, we all went over to the Hiatt's to eat dinner with the "Idaho Group." Good times were had by all. We spent about 2 hours over there, and it went by pretty quick we were having such a good time. Cade and Kelson were pretty good too, because Becky put on "The Incredibles." But it also caused a bit of a problem when it was time to leave. We left right about 4:00, but the movie wasn't quite over yet. Cade pitched a fit. "No, dad, not yet. It's almost oooovvvveerrrrr." It was such a fun scene.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
That was when the "fun" started. The rest of the evening the boys were little poops. Cade started talking back, Kelson wouldn't listen, they started fighting...etc. I think they were tired of Shena and I asking them to be quiet or to go their room and play so that we could watch conference. When you think about it, they had to have been going nuts. Conference is on for 8 hours over two days. A two hour block is a long time for a little kid to behave themself without any attention from their parents. The other thing that made it hard is the daylight savings time thing. It will take a couple of weeks to get them into the new schedule too. When we tried to send them to bed at 9:00, it was like it was only 8:00 for them and they thought it was too early. They pitched and moaned for quite a while.

Arellano Update
Mom and dad stopped by at about 8:45 to see the boys. Dad hadn't seen them all day, and they were out running an errand, so they dropped in. The boys were happy to see them, but got all riled up and made it harder for us to get them to bed.

Christensen Update
None to report, that I know of.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:00 - 8:00 - I think those times are right...I'm not sure with the clock change and stuff. Can't remember if the clock I was looking at for those times was already changed or not. Either way, I didn't sleep very well. Not sure why Shena is having such a hard time, but it sure is affecting my sleep pattern.

TODAY:
Breakfast: Egg and cheese biscuits (2) - Since we didn't have to go to church, we had time to make breakfast. And when I say "we," of course I mean Shena. Good stuff, babe! :)

Lunch: I had a bowl of clam chowder, two pieces of cheese bread, several carrot sticks with ranch dip, a couple of black olives, some grapes, two slices of cucumbers, A&W, and then a piece of strawberry cheesecake with chocolate syrup. Sounds like a lot, but it wasn't much food, just a lot of different kinds of food.

Dinner: Banana. No really, that is all I had for dinner. We ate so much at lunch and ate so late that I wasn't really hungry. I ate the banana so that I could have a piece of brownie and milk for dessert.

0 comments: