Wednesday, October 01, 2008

one early morning...

The alarm went off, I snoozed it once, then woke up to get the boys ready for school. We have a ipod docking alarm clock that when the clock light is on it lights up the entire room all night. Because we used it so much in the beginning some of the buttons are hard to push, i.e. the light display button. If I can turn the light off it stays off, if not, I throw a dark tshirt or something over it. Either way, I have to do something to actually see the time. It also has two alarm setting options. Well, now you have the background info on our alarm clock, I have to say, I'm not impressed with it or myself this morning. When it went off this morning I didn't even look at the clock. I went in the boys room and Kelson kept complaining saying, "NO MOM! It's too early, it's not time for me to be up yet." Of course, I argued back saying, "Lets go or we won't have time to make lunches." They grumble a bit and fought getting dressed. When we finally made it to the kitchen I got a glance at the oven's digital clock! 5:15am. NO WAY! The wrong alarm went off and I didn't even think about looking at the time. Kelson did go back and lie down with daddy. Cade on the other hand just couldn't get back to sleep. We read and watched a little news until it was really time to get ready. In the end... we had PLENTY of time to make lunches! I was so mad but felt worse that we lost an hour of sleep! Lesson learned! LOOK AT THE CLOCK BEFORE GETTING OUT OF BED!!!!

2 comments:

Cathy said...

At least your not pregnant and completely sleep deprived or anything. Oh wait! That's so annoying!

Amanda said...

Oh man - that would be so frustrating!