Thursday, October 09, 2008

Visiting Kristi



One of our dear family friends had their baby yesterday. Kristi and Christpher Malcolm have held a special place in our kids hearts, especially since they moved a few years ago to just a few streets from us. Our kids love that they have a wonderful park directly across the street from their house. They are great to help us with babysitting too. Analise loves to sit with them and "Bobby" on Sundays. Well, Analise knew their baby was coming soon so when I told her that she had finally arrived she was so excited to go see her. I was grateful they allowed us to visit them in the hospital. This gave me the chance to take Analise to see where mommy and Daddy would bring them to visit our baby for the first time. I was curious to see how she would do in the hospital setting. She was unsure walking in but once she saw Christopher she walked right in the room and wanted to see the baby. I think she'll be fine. Analise asked a nurse if she could take our baby out. She told her that our baby needed to bake a bit longer. I have to admit walking in got me a bit anxious to get this over with. Kristi let her sit on the bed and touch the baby. Here are a few pictures... mostly for the Jensen girls.


Abigail Katherine Malcolm was born 2:15pm October 8, 2008. She weighed in at 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was 20 1/4 inches long. She obviously has a head full of black hair. Analise loved that part.

I had a doctor's appointment before going to see Baby Abigail. Analise had to wait patiently. I found out that I have to have an ultrasound in 2 weeks. I have never had to have an ultrasound other than the 20 week check. The doctor was concern about how small I was. My last visit I had only gained a couple of ounces and this week only gained a bit more than 1.5 lbs. I think I'm suppose to gaining about 1 lb a week. My tummy isn't measuring as big as my other 3 kids so they are also wanting to check the fluid levels and such. I can't say that I'm freaked out or anything, but I would lying if Cheeto and I weren't a bit concerned. We will have to wait and see. When I was visiting Kristi a nurse was in the room helping with feeding and such. Kristi asked Analise when our baby was coming. I mentioned about 7 weeks. A couple of minutes later was talking to Analise and said,"I guess we'll be seeing in in 6 months or so." I said, "OH-NO... just 7 more weeks." She had misunderstood and thought that this being my fourth that I was only 4 months along. She said that I did look really small, but if they were worried about fluids then I should really increase my fluid intake, ie. drinking lots more water. I still drink a lot of water, but I get so tired of peeing every 30 minutes anyway that I had been cutting back some- especially the hours before bed time. So, I guess I'll be drinking more and making visiting the bathroom more frequently! Everyone say a prayer that all will be ok! Thanks!

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Please tell Kristi I say congratulations on the baby, I love the hair! We will be praying for you and your baby, I hope everything is okay. Please keep us updated!

Cathy said...

Kristi looks great! And her baby is so precious! And tall and skinny! I hope everything is okay with you!