Thursday, October 02, 2008

New Dentist





Today was our first visit to our new dentist! I was very nervous. Cade has such a gag reflex and last time we went Kelson didn't like the smell of their gloves and threw up 3 times. See why I was nervous. Thankfully, G'ma offered to take Sassy for me! It took longer than I thought and it would have been struggle trying to entertain her for that long. It was a pediatric dentist and the kids were in love as soon as they walked in. They had lots of fun interactive toys in the lobby, a television tuned to Noggin, and a huge aquarium full of colorful fish. We have tried for years to get xrays and never have been successful because of them gagging! Well, today was a new day! History was made! Kelson went first and did it. Cade got the attitude that if Kelson can do then I can do it. It worked-Cade did it as well. I was so pleased with the clever handiwork of these hygienists. They had some great/crazy kid flavors of toothpaste which made cleaning a breeze. Before the dentist came to exam their teeth, I could see two hygienists discussing Kelson's xrays. Then the dentist came in and they started it again. This made me a bit on edge. What could they all be so interested in. Well, I got the news soon enough. Kelson has two extra teeth. Yep- EXTRA teeth. We have to take him to an oral surgeon to get him evaluated. If they think that once he starts losing teeth that those extra teeth will come in first, then they will just pull them out then. If not, he will have to have the surgically removed. They are right behind his two front teeth in the roof of his mouth. Poor kid. Seems like if it's not one thing, it's another withKelson these days. Next week we take him to Brenner's Children's to have the pilomatricoma looked on his cheek and possibly have to have a out patient surgery to have it removed. However, if any of our kids can handle it, it would be Kelson. He is such a tough little guy and can tolerate such things.

Kelson had missed his lunch by the time I got them back to school. It was noon so I thought I could just take him to the cafeteria and eat with him. Cade and Kelson both we excited that it was hot dog day. I have to admit. I'm so glad I pack their lunches. I will try so hard not to complain about doing it anymore. School lunch is worse than I remember it. I am more than willing to pack them a sandwich that at least looks edible! Good thing Kelson wanted me to have chocolate milk- that's the only thing that got me to wash that nasty food down!

2 comments:

Its All Good Ya'll said...

I hate dentists and I hate having to take my kids to the dentist! Poor Denae has terrible teeth. All she has to do is look at sugar and her teeth start to rot. Okay so I am exagerating but not too much! Who is your new dentist? Take care!

Molly said...

Ah, the dentist, how fun.
Well, not really. We had a horrible experience with our first.
Thankfully the other 2 love going to the dentist:)