Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Daddy Withdrawal



Analise goes through moments during the day where she just cries for her Daddy. For example, EVERY time she gets hurt, when I tell her no and she think that if she calls dad that he'll tell her yes, right after nap time, and whenever she has to go to bed. I have got into a habit of soaking in a hot bath each night before I go to bed. I put them all to bed and then I get in the bath. Last night Analise scared me to death by sneaking in the bathroom. I told her it was late and she HAD to get in bed. She then brought me my phone (which scared me too- thought she might get mad and throw it in the tub) because she NEEDED to talk to Daddy. I told her no that we weren't going to play that game. She put my phone on the floor and quietly walked out of the bathroom. When I was finished, I walked into our bedroom and found her lying on our bed asleep. Cheeto always puts his shorts/tshirt that he wears before bed that day under his pillow. It took me a minute to realize that Analise had found his shorts and actually put them on and then cuddled up with his tshirt. I left her there so Cheeto might see her when he got home. However, she ended up falling off the bed before he could. I tried to get the shorts off her but she grabbed onto them and said, "NO, NO- I want my daddy!" I just put her to bed after calming her down with the shorts still on.



4 comments:

Cathy said...

That is so sweet! What a sweet little girl!

Jody said...

That's so cute! My Brock is the same way - he is such a daddy's boy.

Jill W said...

Oh, how sweet! She looks adorable in those shorts!

Carolina Chocolate said...

So, so, funny. We laughed and laughed over your story. She is too cute. I also thought it was funny that my hubby has the exact same pair of shorts...so does Gordon and Nathan actually. ;)