Friday, October 24, 2008

It has to get better soon.... right?

Where to begin...

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and OB check for baby at 8:30am. It made an early morning for us to get out the door. To complicate matters, the bus doesn't show up. Cheeto had a GMA meeting he was suppose to be to at 7:30am but was late because he had to take the boys to school. I recall the bus did show up just 45 minutes late.
After the first ultrasound, I waited for the doctor only to have a nurse come in and say they put in me in the wrong exam room. I had to pack up and move rooms and wait again. Finally, I meet with the doctor. He is concerned about the amniotic fluid levels and requests a second ultrasound to check blood flow and such. More waiting. It's about 10am by this time. After the second ultrasound, I get placed in another waiting room and then to the doctors private office... only to wait again. Before the second ultrasound, he implied that I was going to have to put on semi-bed rest to try to get fluid levels up, but after the second ultrasound he decided that we wouldn't have to take it that far. As long as I take it REALLY easy, drink like crazy, and lie on my side AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!!!! Basically I have to really pick and chose what I do, which errands are essential for me to do and which ones I can deligate. He did give me some cough medicine so I could sleep. He warned me it would make me REALLY sleepy so I have to make sure another adult is present before taking it, which means pretty much only at night. It worked pretty well last night. So well in fact that we slept in until 7am. The same time the bus comes. Cade and Kelson thought they scored and didn't have to go school again. WRONG!! We made a mad dash to get them ready and Cheeto took them again today.
Craziness that happened last night. So I spent all morning at the OB's office (3 hours). At 5:30pm last night, we were outside playing for a bit before dinner. My neighbor was over with her little girl playing with Sassy. I see them playing with the little berry-like things that grow on Monkey Grass. Next thing I know, Sassy is telling me she stuck one up her nose.
Sure enough- I could see it. I went to get one of those mucus sucking bulbs. Nope- doesn't work. I tried to get her to blow her nose- Nope doesn't work... she sniffs hard instead of blows. It just got sucked up there further. My neighbor works for the hospital and has a friend that works in endoscopy. We call her and she advises us to take her to the urgent care. I call Cheeto and he comes home to watch the boys while I take Analise to the urgent care. We have one right around the corner but when we get there they tell us we really need to go to the one by the hospital. So towards the hospital we go. About 3 hours later, we are on our way home. They tried multiple ideas to try to get it out but were just unsuccessful. They advise us to see an Ear Nose and Throat doctor today. So after 6+ hours waiting in dr.'s offices yesterday I get to go today and wait some more. That makes 4 out of 5 days this week I have spent in dr.'s offices! Really- it's getting OLD!!!!



What the Monkey Grass looks like.

This is the size of the berry Analise stuck up her nose. Poison Control says it's non-toxic so it wasn't a huge rush to take it out last night. We just have to see someone about it today!


PS. Cade has been on Predizone (not sure how to spell it) for 3 days now and the rash is still spreading! ARGH! I can't believe this thing! WHAT IS IT?!?!?!?!


8 comments:

audra said...

Shena-Wow! Seriously, If can help, I will. Just let me know.

Its All Good Ya'll said...

Oh, Shena... it never rains but it pours! I hope someday you can look back and laugh about it but I am not sure if i would or not, so good luck. I wish i were there to help you!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Wow...I don't know what to say. The month of October has been quite crazy for your family. It really is amazing. It has to get better, I'm sure. Hang in there. Ship the kids off to Lettie's, down your cough medicine, and sleep...on your side. You know, I wish I had some Peppermint ice cream for ya!

ashley said...

i diddo audra...let me know if i can help.

Leticia said...

I diddo shipping them to my house! I don't have any monkey grass, shoot, I barely have any grass at all!

Jill W said...

Man Shena, that's awful! It truly can't get much worse. Just make sure you get the rest you need and take care of that baby!

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

WOW! I am speechless for you! One day you will look back and laugh - I hope!!!

Lauren said...

I haven't read your blog in while and I didn't know you had so much going on. I hope everything mellows and you have a calm November:)