Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Medical Updates

Took Kelson to see the oral surgeon this afternoon. Yep- he has to get the two extra teeth he has surgically taken out. Seriously... how much should a 5 year old have to endure in a month? October started out with one dentist visit and has since turned into multiple visits to Wake Forest Medical for his pilomatricoma on his cheek and resulting in surgery next week. It's an out patient thing but still has his mother concerned. They are putting him under and giving him stitches. Why wouldn't this concern me? He had a cavity filled yesterday. Xrays of his teeth today and now having surgery in a couple of weeks to remove those teeth. MAN! And after that we are due to have a baby pretty much anytime. Phew... are we going to make it to Christmas? Some days I wonder. I have been sick today! The worse day in last 3. Hopefully tomorrow will turn around. Analise loved that I sat on the couch and watched her shows. I, on the other hand, feel like my day was a complete waste. My kitchen is a wreck, dishes are piled in the sink, and never even made my bed. I was blessed however, to have G'ma and Papa take the kids to McDonalds night at school. The kids loved this! Thanks G'ma and Papa! I wish I could have slept for that hour. I haven't really slept in 2 nights. Not that I REALLY slept much in the last few weeks. I think I would welcome just the back aches, leg cramps, and shortness of breath vs. the MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE and COUGHING MY HEAD OFF! Sick and pregnant are two things that do not and should not go together. I want the hard drugs to knock out some of these symptoms. I did get the ok to take some tylenol PM tonight so- perhaps some sleep is in store for us tonight. I pretty much keep Cheeto up too.

Funny Kid Quote of the Day
This really isn't a quote for the day rather just something funny that happened to Cade. I had to pick them early today for Kelson's dr. appt. Cade got to the office first and sat down by me to wait for Kelson. A lady walked in right behind him and tapped him on the shoulder and said, "You don't know that man! You look at me when I'm talking to you!" I looked at Cade and he was white as a ghost. I wasn't sure what Cade had done- was he talking to someone he shouldn't have in the hall or what? I told Cade to look at her. He scowled and barely took his eyes off me. She then said, "Hey- you see- I saw him play in the Superbowl. You probably didn't even know they went to the Superbowl." Then it made sense. Cade had on his Jerome Bettis jersey- for those of you who don't know, he played for the Steelers and retired. Cade loves his Bettis jersey. Cade came back and said, "I saw him play in the Superbowl too. It was the same year my little sister was born." I think this shocked her. I then told her that this 8 year old knows more about football than some men. Cade really does know a lot about the game and watches every Sunday with his father. The lady then apologized for scaring Cade and said she really was just a Steelers fan first and Panthers second. Then Kelson walks in with his Panthers backpack. She got all excited and told them they could be great friends. Kelson said- "You should see my mommy's van!" We have Steelers and Panthers decals on the back for all the "boys" in our family. What we don't do for them! :)

0 comments: