Thursday, October 16, 2008

Peppermint Ice Cream

This has to be my favoritest treat ever! Well- right up there anyway. (It has to be Edy's Slow Churned though!) I was so excited when I found some at Harris Teeter this early in the year. It's normally a Christmas thing and one can only buy it between Thanksgiving and New Year's. So you can imagine how excited I was when I found them on sale for BOGO. I really stocked up but now my stock is gone. I shared with the kids thinking they would have it again... nope. I was told it must have been a fluke thing. I shouldn't have been so giving. :) Just kidding! Tell me this though... why is it that when you get to the end of the carton you either have to eat extra or just leave a little bit in the bottom? It's a waste to put a few tablespoons back in the freezer. Isn't it? Yep- I just finished off the carton. Yes it was yummy! Yes- it doesn't have the calories that regular ice cream has. And Yes- it was a bit more than I wanted. BUT... it was just so good but now I feel guilty because it's all GONE! Someone get the pregnant lady some Peppermint Ice Cream!!!



2 comments:

Gordon, Jamie, Evelyn, Claire and Bonnie said...

I am the same way about finishing off the ice cream carton - in fact, after I eat a bowl of ice cream I will always say to Gordon "someone ate my ice cream, I need more please!!"
I love the stuff.
50 days for you and the baby - 17 for me...ARE YOU READY??!?!?!

pagefamily said...

yay! I am glad you found us! I love looking at blogs and watching families grow. Your family is so beautiful. Hope to see you all soon!