Monday, October 27, 2008

Phew- we made it another day....

Today was very busy. Not much resting going on for the pregnant woman. However, we did have a lazy weekend so it all works out... RIGHT? We spent Saturday cleaning and cutting hair and then Cheeto stayed home so I could take my sleepy medicine for my cough. Sunday, I was still hacking up lungs so I stayed home and took more sleepy medicine. I'm feeling quite a bit better today. Still not 100% but a step in the right direction anyway! Cheeto is coming down with something now... hopefully his immune system is stronger than mine and will fight it off faster. Anywho... I have a had a bunch of phone calls for my business in the last week. I had two big orders to complete today. In the end, I did about 10 hands, but have 3 on the back burner waiting to be finished. I went and voted- which took about 1 hour and 15 minutes to wait. The kids were home from school which complicated things a bit. Thankfully G'ma came and took them to buy pumpkins and then to her house for the afternoon. We carved pumpkins for FHE and went for Halloween Krispy Kreme donuts afterwards. It was an ok evening. Cade was bugged by something all day. Who knows what? This made the day a bit more stressful. We did get the "berry" out of Sassy's nose on Friday for all those who keep asking what ended up happening. They had to numb the inside of her nose to get it out but they found it and removed it successfully. I hope she has learned her lesson on that one. I guess we will find out sooner or later.







Thanks to all the family members for the extra elbow grease in working on those darn pumpkins. Harris Teeter had carving pumpkins on sale for $3.99. The pumpkin patch where we have gotten them in the past were $3.99 for a pumpkin the size of your fist. I thought this was a deal to get a HUGE pumpkin at Harris Teeter for the same price as a teeny tiny one at the patch. Well, in the end, I think the pricer ones were easier to carve. These pumpkins were awful! The adults could barely cut them with the fabulous CUTCO knives. I have a blister from doing just one pumpkins. I was glad when backup walked through the door! Thanks G'ma, Tia, and Kris for the help! I wouldn't have been able to help all 3 kids! It was definitely a team effort.

0 comments: