Friday, February 11, 2005

Tunnel Vision

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
My MRI was not bad at all. I actually went in a machine very similar to this one. Funny thing is, if you read the text from the above link, it says "Some patients are so relaxed that they fall asleep during the exam." That is exactly what happened to me. I was so tired from not getting much sleep the last couple of nights, that I had a hard time staying awake during the 45 minute exam. And the noise of the machine wasn't bad at all. It actually HELPED me sleep when it was taking the pictures because of the repetitive nature of it. Almost like white noise. Luckily I didn't jolt as I was falling asleep. My hand twitched once, but that was as close as I came while I fell asleep. Other than that, it was a pretty unexciting experience. I just wish I didn't have to pay $200 (our co-pay) for a power nap. I would just as soon come home for the power nap for free! I also notice that when I was under the MRI that when I closed my eyes, I could see some funky yellowish green psychadelic shapes moving around in the black that is all I can normally see when I close my eyes. I don't know if that was the big magnet moving the blood in my eyelids around or what...it was weird. While I was laying in there, I started thinking about "Die Another Day" and the scene where he is in the Cuban face lift hospital. First of all, would the MRI machine they show really suck up a gun like it did? If somebody was laying on an MRI table and they had a metal plate in their head, would their head get sucked up against the machine so they couldn't move? Anyway...2nd question, why was there an MRI machine in there in the first place? What did the MRI have to do with the bad guy getting a treatment? I guess that is why I never liked the James Bond series...they are just too far fetched. I know that is the point of all the movies, but I never liked it.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
As promised yesterday, a picture of Kelson with the mascara he got all over himself. He also had a large black spot about the same size as you can see in this picture, but more on the top of his head.

Went to Golden Corral for dinner with mom, dad, Gabriel (mom didn't fly in until 11:00 pm tonight) & an "Elder Holbrook." Apparently he had plans to come back out to go through the temple with a family that he baptized a while back (he's home now), but they are not going to go after all. He already had a plane ticket for the weekend, so he came out to visit anyway. He will be staying with mom & dad...their first "real" visitor since they re-did the guest rooms. I'm sure mom is excited.

Cade watched "The Other Side of Heaven" with Shena tonight. Funny kid. He was watching "Thomas" on one tv, came in to say "Hi" to Shena and saw a missionary baptizing somebody, so he sat down and fell asleep watching the movie with her. He rarely says he is tired. Whenver you ask if he is, he always "nope. I'm not tired right now." When he says that, you know that if he lays down he will be asleep in 10 minutes or less.

Arellano Update
Today is Adam's B-day. I tried to call him to wish him a happy birthday, but he wasn't home. I was also going to send him an "e-mail card" but Yahoo charges for those, now. So, little brother, if you are reading this, here is your Yahoo greeting that I was going to send. Just pretend that I wrote your name in and the following message: "Roses are red, violets are blue, you look like a monkey and you smell like one too...and you are a cuatro...and you giggle like a girl...and you are a cheeky monkey...and you have ugly feet...and you should REALLY wax that ol' back o' yars braw...etc. Happy Birthday!"

Christensen Update

Daily Report ^
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:00 - 7:00 - the usual night...although last night was all about the pain in the butt...that is what kept me up

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: 3 small pieces of pineapple pizza, water

Dinner: Golden Corral (don't flip out, the following were small portions, I only had 1 1/2 plates worth of food...plust that MRI made me HUNGRY): mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, fried butterfly shrimp (1), 2 meatballs, white rice, 1 BBQ chicken thigh, 1 BBQ pork loin, taco salad thingie (personal creation - chips, rice, beans, cheese, lettuce, sour cream), 1 yeast roll, water. Dessert: (again, small portions, didn't even eat all of it) - banana pudding, chocolate cake (1/2 piece, Cade ate the other half), blueberry cobler (2 bites...not good at all), small soft serv twist (vanilla & orange creamsicle) cone, milk.

0 comments: