Wednesday, February 09, 2005

"Lost" New Again

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Went to therapy for the last time today...for now, at least. Therapists decided that what they were doing didn't seem to be making much of a difference. The pain is still intermittent, and the pain reducing exercises I'm supposed to do don't seem to help much when I do them. I scheduled a follow up appointment with Dr. Ross to see what he wants to do from here. Last time we talked he said he wanted to do an MRI if the therapy didn't work. We'll see if he still feels the same way tomorrow. I also think I have a sinus infection, so I will get him to look at that too.

Otherwise, a pretty typical day. Work, lunch, work, dinner, little TV, and then I'm headed to bed. We watched a new episode of "Lost" tonight. Pretty good one, but I can't tell if they don't know where to go with the story now, or what. They showed next week's preview and it seems like it is moving away from where they were headed tonight. But then again, they have about 3 or 4 (at least) different story lines going anyway, so they are probably just trying to keep them all towards the front of our memory.

I also watched "Amazing Race 6" finale last night. A pretty good one. Of the four teams remaining, the two that we didn't want to win got put out first, so we didn't really care which of the last two won. Have to admit that the last leg was pretty weak when it came down to the challenges they had to do. I would think they would have been a bit tougher in the end to try to weed out the weaker teams. But, they didn't call to ask me how they should do their show. Maybe they'll call me next time.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys had cabin fever pretty bad today. Both when I came home for lunch and when I got home after work they came running out the door, screaming and laughing. I think they were just excited to be outside for a few minutes. It wasn't a real nice day today, but warm enough that I let them run around for a few minutes to burn a little energy.

Kelson was rocking one of our kitchen chairs (which he has done several times before...breaking one of the back supports on one of the chairs) and fell over in the chair on our wood dining room floor. Hit his mouth on the back of the chair and cut his lip pretty good (couldn't tell if the chair or one of his teeth cut it). You can't see it really well because it is more inside than outside. It bled pretty good, though. He cried for about 2 minutes, then calmed down because we had ordered pizza. He ate it like his lip wasn't bothering him, so we just let him be. He kind of sucked on the lip for the rest of the night.

Arellano Update
Mom just stopped by tonight on her way to take the Spanish missionaries out to eat. We wanted her to look at Kelson's lip to see if she thought we should take him to see a nurse or something. Took us 5 minutes for him to show us anything...and even then I had to force his mouth open so that she could look at it. It was like he got all shy or something. She thought he was ok, too.

Christensen Update
I saw that Shena talked to her mom for 45 minutes today, but she didn't share any news with me. I guess it was none of my business! :)

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 2:15 - 7:30 - Couldn't sleep at all last night. Not sure why (stress of this Line of Credit we just opened?). But it is killing me today. At about 4:00 this afternoon I hit a wall and could barely keep my eyes open at work they were killing me so bad. Probably a good thing it wasn't real sunny today or I wouldn't have been able to drive home.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: McDonald's - Quarter Pounder with cheese, no onion value meal, orange drink

Dinner: Domino's pizza - Three pieces of pineapple pizza - the rest of the family had cheese...looks like that will be lunch tomorrow (and dinner too?)

0 comments: