Monday, February 07, 2005

Still Feeling Sick....of the Patriots

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I felt a little better today, until I read some of the headlines going around about the game yesterday. It's enough to make me want to puke. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about the Patriots I could just hurl an MC Hammer at the computer. I guess this is the reason some people hate the Steelers so much. They went through the same thing in the 70's having to listen to everybody talk about the Steelers dynasty. But I still don't like hearing about them, over and over and over... Some moron from MSNBC is calling them "The Greatest Ever." Please. I would still take the Steelers or 49ers over the Patriots. Now, unless something MAJOR happens (like they find out that Tom Brady was hopped up on some banned substance and so the Pats have to forfeit) then I'm done talking about them. The only good thing about me being so ticked about the game is that I haven't realized that football season is over now. I'm sure it will hit about Sunday at 4:00. There is a reason they call them "the dog days of summer." It's going to be a long 6 months! Sigh.

I wasn't the only one who thought the ads were bad. Although he mentions one ad that I had forgotten about that I really liked. I laughed out loud at the AmeriQuest Mortgage ad where the C-Store owners go vigilante on the dude on the cell phone. Cattle prod was the best part. Very funny.

Struggled through work today. I felt pretty good in the morning, but got worse as the day went on. Not sure why. I thought you usually felt bad in the morning and then felt better in the afternoon. Wound up sneaking out of work about 15 minutes early.

A positive article about Iraq from the Washington Post? I could harldy believe it myself. Every now and then the media DOES share some positive news.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Went to Costco tonight to pick up some much needed supplies (you know, Pop Tarts, Nestle Quick). The boys were pretty good. Neither wanted to sit in the proper seats in the cart, they both wanted to sit in the big basket. They had a good time in there. Every time we put something in, Kelson would try to open it so he could eat it, and Cade would say "Wait, Kelson. We have to pay first." They they would scream at each other. So cute.

Cade was a good kid, though. He truly was trying to help out. When we went to pay he wanted to put stuff on the conveyor belt. And when we went out to the car, he wanted to help put it in the trunk. Shena wasn't in the mood since she was feeling well, but we let him anyway. Not the kind of thing that you want to discourage. Otherwise a couple of years down the line he won't want to help with anything (or does that happen anyway?)

Arellano Update
Talked to dad for a few minutes on the phone today. He said he was feeling better than yesterday. Talked to mom about 1 hour later, she said he told her he was feeling worse. He's lying to one of us, and I'm not sure why. He said he wanted to go golfing tomorrow, so maybe he was trying to convince himself that he felt better.

Christensen Update
Bart got his hands on the addition contracts we sent him. Said they looked ok to him. Looks like we are getting closer to pulling this thing off!

Heard from Ryan in the mission field today. Says he is doing well, and having fun. We are excited to see him in a couple of months. I'm not sure how much he will have changed, but I'm sure we will all notice a big difference in him...and he in us.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:00 - 7:30 - I was going to get up at 6:30 to do some dishes, but when the alarm went off I barely remember turning it off. I guess my mind was ready to wake up yet.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Campbell's Chunky smoked chicken with roasted corn chowder...not bad, for soup. Also had a couple of pieces of hoagie roll covered with cheese (it was the last of the bread in the house at the time), black cherry kool-aid

Dinner: Wendy's - double classic with cheese, no onion, no tomato (but they still put it on their...first bite almost came back immediately), a few fries, chocolate frosty. Went to Krispy Kreme for FHE treat (with Mom, Dad and Gabriel). I ate the donut of the month, Chocolate creme filled, powdered. Also have one for tomorrow, chocolate cream filled. Both of the boys wanted the sprinkle donuts, of course. I'm not sure if they pick the sprinkles because they are eye catching or if they just instictively know that those are the messiest kind and they must have them to drive their parents crazy.

0 comments: