Thursday, February 03, 2005

Book Marathon

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Here I am...12:20 in the morning, writing my daily entry because I couldn't put the book down utnil it was finished. Good book. Enjoyed, ended with the good guys winning, which always makes you enjoy the book a little more. I'm interested to continue with the next book that is sure to follow.

I'm realizing how important it is that I do this every day. I tried to re-create events from just two days ago and wasn't able to remember everything I wanted to write. I know something happened during the day that I was going to include, but I lost them. I will take that as a lesson learned and do better in writing every night...no matter how tired I am (see...it's working already...it is now the NEXT DAY and I'm still up, writing)

Had PT again today. Therapist showed me some exercises that dad told me they would give me. Guess he knows what he is talking about. She was a little concerned and surprised at my lack of mobility in my back. I was supposed to lay on my stomach and push up with my arms but keep my hips down and arch my back as much as I could. She wanted me to straighten my arms all the way, but I could only go about 70% before my hips started coming up. She said she was going to have her partner try to "manipulate my bones" on Friday and see if he can't help me get more range. We'll see. They keep telling me my hips are uneven. That is the first thing they check every time I go in, now. Mentioned that one of my legs (left) might be shorter than the other, but I thought everybody was like that. Who knows. I bought me some Dr. Scholl's arch support inserts that my Dr. has been bugging me to get since just before my mission. He said I had flat feet and would feel better if I got them. Never got around to it, I guess. But I thought there might be an outside chance that they would help keep my back straight and less painful.

Heard from the bank today. Looks like our line of credit for the addition will go through. We will be signing the paperwork on Tuesday. I think I am going to have a realtor friend come out and take a look before we sign a building contract (we will have Bart look at that contract) to make sure it would be worth our while if we lived in it for 4 or 5 years. I would have to pay $19,000 for an addition, only to have it add just $10,000 to our houses value. That would be a pretty expensive addition.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Had the missionaries over for dinner tonight. One from SLC, one from Rexburg. It was a mad house while they were here. Mom and dad came over too, along with my cousin, Gabriel, who's parents have gone to Mexico and so mom and dad are taking care of him until they get back. We also had a visitor from the ward stop by for a printout that Shena was doing for a RS Enrichment night. So of course, the boys were excited to have some many visitors and were running around the house like we had just given them kool-aid intravenously. Poor Elders. They were probably expecting a nice, quiet, spiritual discussion with the Arellanos (yeah, right) and instead got tossed into that. No wonder they cancelled on us last month!

Had to punish Cade today for not getting to the bathroom on time. He has a hard time realizing that when he needs to go, he has to go and he should drop what he is doing. Anyway, he was really funny about it. I didn't yell, I just said "Cade, you have to go and sit on the mat now for 5 minutes for doing that." He said, "ok, I'm sorry dad," and then went and sat down. No screaming, no talking back. When his time was up, he said, "I'm sorry dad. I will RUN to the bathroom next time I have to go." Cute kid. I wish he would never pitch a fit again, but I'm sure that wasn't the last time.

Cade is still having trouble sleeping. Just a minute ago he woke up screaming and shaking. Wouldn't let either Shena or me hold him. Hopefully it's just a stage. But those terrible twos are coming on for sure! He can be a little grouchy butt!

Arellano Update
None to report that I know of.

Christensen Update
If any of you talk to Shena, tell her she HAS to write in this blog. I'm not getting much response from her.

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 42 - Low 25 - again, not too bad a day

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: NONE - oh, wait...very little - Like I said in yesterday's blog - didn't get to bed until 12:30 because I was reading my book, but then didn't get to sleep until about 1:30, then was awakened by Kelson at 2:00, 3:30 and 6:00...plus my back was hurting....not a restful night at all. I'm sure Shena didn't sleep with all that going on either.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: McDonald's - Quarter pounder with cheese, no onions, fries, coke

Dinner: Shena's new Lasagna recipe from her mom (pretty good!), french bread, kool-aid - wanted to have some yellow cake with chocolate icing for dessert, but never got to it (frown). Doctor said I shouldn't eat anything for at least 3 hours before I go to bed. I'm trying to live by that, just not very well.

0 comments: