Wednesday, February 23, 2005

In-Laws In-Town

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I ran several errands today during my lunch break. I've been putting them off, but decided to just get them done today. I dropped off my taxes at Keith Hiatt's. He's been doing them for us since we moved here. I'm hoping we get a refund this year. It would certainly help pay back part of the addition or go towards Shena's mini-van. I got the car washed (our Nissan. Sorry Marcos...mom is taking yours in for new tires, new oil and an inspection, so I'll get it done then, if they don't do it for us). The Sentra hadn't been washed in who knows how long and it hadn't been vacuumed in even longer. Having two kids riding around back there every day doesn't help it stay clean. It looks much nicer now. I also bought a gift certificate for my real estate buddy who gave us advice as to whether we were likely to get our money back on the money we spend on the addition. I was going to send him a "thank you" note anyway, and wanted to get him something else, too.

Work was kind of crazy. We are getting a newer version of one of our programs at work (our document imaging) and the guy who was doing it took most of the day to get it done. He will have to come in tomorrow morning to finish it up, but it just kind of made things a little tougher than usual trying to work around him. Then of course, Shena was picking up her parents and they were getting back into town right around 5:15, and a client called just before 5 needing some paperwork overnighted. I was ready for the day to be over.

Bart and Cherie made it ok. They connected in Phoenix on AmericaWest. The flight from Phoenix to Greensboro is about 4 hours, plus another 1 1/2 hour drive. They were tired of sitting when they got here. Bart gave us a "new to us" IPAQ that they weren't using. Shena and I both used to have our own, but the touch screen on mine went out about 6-9 months ago. I had taken Shena's since I used the IPAQ more than she did, and she had gone back to a Franklin. I took the new one, and she will be getting her old one back. I don't think she is happy about it, but like I said, I use it quite a bit more than she does. She will just use hers when she doesn't want to carry the Franklin around with her.

We watched "Lost" and "King of Queens" with Bart & Cherie. They hadn't seen Lost before, so we kept pausing it when new characters came on the screen to try to explain what was going on and some of the back stories for each of them. I think they liked it ok.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena tried to clean the house a bit before her parents got here...but she wasn't feeling very well around lunch time. She decided to lay down and rest for a bit before she had to leave about 2:30 to pick them up at 4:00.

Shena said the boys were pretty good when she went to pick up her mom and dad. Kelson sleept most of the time, and Cade watched his movie on the way over, and talked to Grandma on the way back. After they go home, he was bugging and bugging and bugging Grandma to shoot hoops with him. He was a patient little kid waiting for us to eat so that she would play with him. He and Kelson are sleeping in a Mickey tent in the living room. Almost like they are camping. Cade went to bed about 9:00 without us saying anything to him. I just happen to hear him climb into the tent. Kelson stayed up as long as we were in the living room, but once we turned off the lights and put him in his sleeping bag, we didn't hear from him again. He must have been tired too.

Arellano Update
Mom said Lettie is sick. They sent her home from work yesterday because she was coughing all over everyone. Not a pretty mental picture. She is excited for mom to be going out there next week. Apparently they will be headed to Vegas and San Diego for most of mom's trip out there. She told Bart & Cherie tonight that she might not even make it up to Idaho this time.

Mom said Marcos is coming home for Spring Break. I guess he is flying down and landing about the same time (same day) mom returns from out West. Not sure how long he has off or what he has planned. We'll have to wait and see.

Christensen Update
Already gave that news here. Bart & Cherie made it ok. We'll see how the jet lag affects them tomorrow.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:15 - 7:07 - almost 7:00! I woke up at 6:40 when Kelson came in, and thought I could close my eyes for a few more minutes...next thing I knew I jolted awake at 7:07. It's close.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Two peanut butter and strawberry freezer jam sandwiches on wheat, milk.

Dinner: Ham's - to go (they picked it up on the way in from Raleigh) - Cheese lover's cheeseburger, no tomato, no onion, french fries, A&W - had a piece of Strawberry cheese cake with milk. Bart & Cherie helped us eat the rest of it...so no more cheese cake for a while. I'll have to go back to the old standard of cookies or cake before bed!

0 comments: