Friday, February 04, 2005

Awards Ceremony

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I'm sure you all realize that I am not really writing this on Friday night, but I'm doing the best I can. I still feel horrible, but I can't get too far behind or I will forget everything that has been going on.

I woke up feeling cruddy...mostly stuffy with a scratchy throat (but it didn't really hurt). I progressively felt worse as the day went on. Shena wasn't feeling much better so I was kind of hoping that she might say there was no way we were going, but we decided to fight it out. I would have felt really guilty not going - because of the time change Jim couldn't make it, so I was the only one who was going from the "Landon" bunch. I left work a little early to take some medicine and try to relax before we left for the dinner. Mom and dad already had plans for Friday night, so they couldn't watch the boys. DeeDee Plummer said they would watch them. We were nervous because Kelson was being an absolute crank just before we left and we were afraid that he would be like that all night. Luckily, DeeDee said he was a good kid all night and she didn't even hear him cry once. Cade was a good boy, of course. Shena and I made a late entrance, just before dinner started. We just hung in the back of the room with Teresa & Munsey. I tried to avoid as many people as possible so that I wouldn't get them sick. Faye and her husband Mitch sat with the four of us at a table. The turnout was much smaller than last year...Graham said 20 people couldn't make it because of the date change. Long story short, dinner was ok, but I didn't enjoy it because of the way I was feeling...dessert was EXCELLENT (cheesecake, graham cracker crust, mixed berry toping). I won most of the awards (of course) - like best dressed and hottest date. Shena said she had several people ask her where she bought her dress because they liked it, which made her feel good. For some reason when I tell her she looks good, it isn't enough. I guess she thinks I'm supposed to say that.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Not sure if there is anything special to report here. We got our "Vonage" Broadband Router today...I'll hook it up Saturday.

Did hear from my Realtor buddy who looked at whether our addition would be worthwhile. He said he didn't think there would be any problem for us to get our money back when we re-sell. Said the addition won't make the house not fit the neighborhood. So, everything still seems to be a go on that.

Arellano Update
Mom is helping us out with this whole sickness thing. She agreed to make some soup that we are supposed to take to a ward activity Saturday night. Very nice of her.

Christensen Update
I don't have anything to report.

Daily Report

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 6:30 - but I swear I was up every hour. I guess that is when the stuffiness started kicking in. I remember getting up for some OJ because my throat was scratchy - and my head was hurting by then too.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: None - didn't have an appetite

Dinner: "Exotic salad" (you know, the kind that looks like they picked the weeds out of their garden), roasted chicken, baby potatoes, carrots, zuchini - had a Sprite and water with dinner - then, as previously mentioned, cheesecake with berry topping. The best part

0 comments: