Thursday, February 10, 2005

Pain in the Butt

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
I am writing this a bit late. I couldn't sit in my home office chair without being in constant pain, so I had to wait until this morning (Friday) to finish my events of the day.

Had an appointment this morning with Dr. Ross. He gave me a prescription for my sinuses. Three pills twice daily. Big old horse pills too. And I have to take them for 10 days, so I can't wait for that. He also decided that we should go ahead and do the MRI. I will be going to Southeastern Radiology tomorrow at 1:45 to lay in the tube. Mom said she thought she would be ok, but she couldn't handle it, so I'm not sure how I'l do. I think I'll be fine, but we'll see. She said they offer to put something over your face so that you don't realize how tight it is, so maybe I will go with that. I certainly don't want to have to take drugs before I go in.

This afternoon my butt started hurting...and by the time I tried to go to bed last night it took me 3 minutes to roll from one side onto the other. I tried laying on the floor and doing all the exercises I was doing for therapy, but it didn't seem to do much. Then it took me 5 minutes to get off the floor. Makes me feel like an old man. I guess all this pain makes the money we'll have to spend on the MRI (co-pay) worth it (at least for me). I just hope it shows something so that we can get this thing fixed. I hate how it keeps me from being able to do what I want. I'm sure the boys hate it, too. They are probably tired of hearing dad say "not tonight, guys, my back hurts" when they want to play football.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
When I got out of the shower this morning, Kelson was in the bathroom with me and I did't know it because he was being so quiet (which I'm sure you know is NEVER a good thing for little kids). He had gotten his hands on Shena's make-up bag, and opened up her mascara (sp?). He had a great big splotch of it in the middle of his head (not sure if he thought it was a comb or what), and then he had some on his face, all over his hands and on his clothes. For some reason, whenever Shena gives him lotion, he rubs it on his hands and then rubs it in his hair, so I guess that is what he was doing with the mascara. He got an early bath and a good scolding from both of us. I'm not sure if Shena took a picture or not. I'll have to find out and post it, if so.

We have our new Vonage phone completely working now. For your records, please change our home phone number to (336) 510-1465. It seems to work ok. I don't use the phone much at home, so I don't how much it will bother me, but there is a bit of a "modem" sound to it. You know, kind of like you can hear the data being transferred over the line. It's not real bad, and it's not like the dial-up modems that beep and crackling...it's more of a constant hum type noise. I may have to call and see if there is some way to improve the sound. It's still worth $200 for me, but we'll have to see for Shena.

Arellano Update
Went to mom and dad's for a visit last night. The boys had been stuck in our house for about 48 hours straight. We just kind of hung out and ate for a while. Let the boys play with grandpa. It was Gabriel's last night there, his mom and Nippy are coming back from Mexico tomorrow.

Christensen Update
I swear...Shena will write on here one of these days.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 8:00 - Because of my doctor's appointment this morning, I didn't go into the office first, and I got an extra 1/2 hour of sleep...very nice, but still not enough.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: 2 slices of pineapple Domino's pizza, water

Dinner: Corn tortillas, mom's beans, cheese, about two swallows of Sprite. Had some Pillsbury chocolate chip cookie dough cookies and milk a little later.

0 comments: