Saturday, February 05, 2005

Bunch of Sickos

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Not much "work OR play" today. Both Shena and I are feeling really bad. This is the first time we have both been this sick at the same time with kids. I don't like it much. Anybody who knows me well, knows I'm a whiner when I get sick. Shena is usually a pretty good sport about that and takes care of me. Today it was every man for himself...boys included. Poor kids are going crazy wanting us to play with them or do something, but we just don't feel up to it. Both laying around the house trying to breathe.

I did get some energy about mid-day to set up our Vonage phone. Very simple. Just a matter of hooking the phone line into the router, hooking the ethernet cable from the modem into the router and then hooking the ethernet cable from the computer into the router. I just made one phone call on it, to make sure it worked. I also realized that I was confused on how it worked. The plan we are on gives us 500 OUTGOING minutes per month. So it doesn't matter if we call local or long distance, minutes get used. But since we have to keep our regular phone line so that our alarm will work properly, we will be using that for local OUTGOING calls, and then using our Vonage line for incoming calls from everybody (it has the voice mail, our old number won't) and then for our long distance outgoing calls (mostly Shena). I can't tell you the last time I called somebody long distance. We will still save the same amount of money that I calculated, it will just be a little more complicated than I anticipated. People may get a little confused when they call and leave a message on one number, and we call them back on another.

Cookies - just happened across this article while I was setting up my Vonage today. Absolutely ridiculous. Lady sounds like she has some major issues. Kind of sad, actually.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Grandpa took Cade to Home Depot for the kid's project today. Kelson had to stay home with mom and dad, so he's been in the house all day. Cade was a good kid all day. Very understanding.

We skipped the ward activity tonight. Didn't think it would be very polite of us to show up sick and pass it around. We have already ruled out church and dinner with the Idaho Group tomorrow. We had been invited to Munsey & Teresa's to watch the Super Bowl, but I think we will be skipping that too. They will have alot of people there, and I don't want my first impression to those people to be "Hi (sniff), by dame dis (hack) Cheeto. Please excuse (snot running out my nose) me dif I sneeze."

Arellano Update
Dad went golfing after he went to Home Depot with Cade. Said he hurt his back. I guess that is what he gets for going without me, right? I stopped by to get some of that soup that mom was making for the ward activity tonight for Shena and I to eat, and he was on the floor doing excercises trying to make his back feel better.

Christensen Update
Not sure when Shena talled to someone in the Christensen clan last.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 10:30 - 8:00 - but it was hardly sleep all night. With both Shena and I fighting our stuffy noses, we kept waking each other up...LONG night

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: None

Dinner: Chicken noodle soup, saltine crackers, kool-aid - I think I may have me a piece of yellow cake with chocolate frosting and milk. Even though the milk we kill me later, I feel bad that the cake has been neglected for several days. Poor little thing.

0 comments: