Thursday, February 24, 2005

Krispy Kreme Run

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Nothing exciting to report during work hours. Spent the day as usual, trying to put out fires.

After work, mom came over to have dinner with the rest of us. We hung out and talked a bit. The "new" Ipaq that Bart brought for us has a bad battery in it. I had an old Ipaq that had the touch screen go out on it, so I thought that I could steal the battery from it. I must have damaged it taking it out of the bad Ipaq, because it didn't work at all in the new one. I spent about 1 hour and 1/2 trying to get the thing to work. Anyway, I had to order a new battery from E-bay. You can tell your technology is getting old when the price gets so low. I bought Shena a new battery for her Ipaq about a year and a half ago for $60. I bought mine yesterday for $20. You can get my PDA with all the accessories for $60 now.

Cherie and Shena went to Mad Platter to work on some ice cream bowls, so Bart and I got to watch the boys. They were both pretty tired from staying up so late last night, and both were asleep by 8:30. Cade fell asleep on the couch and Kelson fell asleep in mine and Shena's bed. He only got out once...and he also fell out of the bed about and hour after he'd fallen asleep. He didn't even make a noise, though. Just stayed asleep. Usually something like that would wake him up. When Shena got home, she set the tent back up and we moved both the boys into it and we didn't hear from them again until 6:45 this morning. They really were tired.

About 9:30 Shena said she wanted Krispy Kreme. And in case you haven't figured it out yet, she is pregnant...and I nobody likes a grouchy pregnant lady, so I went and made a "late-night" (for us old married folk) Krispy Kreme run. It wasn't too bad. About 20 minutes round trip. Nobody was in the drive through and there weren't many cars on the road, so it was pretty quick. I had already put on my pajamas, and the girl in the drive through noticed...said "I like your pajamas." I don't know if she was being sarcastic or not. I don't really care either.

For anybody who hasn't been watching "Lost" and is wondering why Shena and I like the show so much, check out this "Lost" synopsis. It will get you up to speed on what is going on and might get you intrigued. It really is a good show and we recommend it.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Everybody else went shopping this morning while I worked. They said they went to Sam's Club, Rhodes Furniture (we are keeping our eyes open for a bunk bed for the boys) because they are going out of business and Harris Teeter. Shena said the boys were pretty good the whole time. Cade and Kelson have liked having G'Ma and G'Pa around.

Arellano Update
As mentioned earlier, mom came over for dinner. She is still excited for her trip. She and Bart got into a discussion about the Teton dam and what they experienced. We have pictures of me in the water afterwards. Bart said he and his cousin Max went up to help people clean up afterwards and he has talked before about the stink and the dead bloated animals floating in the water. I didn't hear their whole conversation, but it gave me an excuse to link to the above website.

Christensen Update
Did I mention Bart & Cherie are in town?

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:05 - 6:50 - I actually didn't get out of bed until 7:1o. Shena beat me to the shower, so I was waiting for her to get out

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Ham and cheese on wheat with mircacle whip (light) and mustard, "light" Lay's BBQ chips, root beer - also had two Girl Scout Caramel DeLites cookies.

Dinner: Cubed chicken cooked in a Italian Dressing and cream cheese sauce, white rice, green beens, rolls and homemade raspberry jam, water. The chicken was apparently a new recipe for Cherie, and it was pretty good. I was surprised that they used cream cheese. I never would have guessed if I hadn't asked after dinner. And, as mentioned earlier, we had Krispy Kreme later...with milk of course.

0 comments: