Saturday, February 19, 2005

"Hitch"-ed

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Our usual Saturday. Got up, cleaned the house, ran some errands. It has been three weeks since the boys and I had a haircut, so we got one this morning. I hate getting them because I am so sensitive with the loose, cut hairs. I have to get in the shower immediately or I feel like I'm going to go crazy. Then it takes me forever to feel like they are all washed off of me. I like the way my hair looks after a cut, I just don't like what it takes to get there.

Shena wasn't feeling very well after we cleaned, so Cade and I made a quick run to Costco to stock up before Grandma & Grandpa C. get here. Kelson wanted to go, but he usually isn't too upset when he gets to stay home with mom without Cade around. He was tired anyway and needed a nap. Cade was excited to leave Kelson behind, I think. One of the things I bought was some Prilosec (for heartburn). Dr. Ross had told me several weeks ago to take it, but I didn't want to spend the $20 until I had finished my other medicine. Then when I looked at the package at Costco, I realized that there were actually three doses in the package and they are to be taken 4 months apart anyway, so I figured it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it was. I was thinking it was going to be $20 every month, but I was obviously wrong.

Went and saw "Hitch" with Munsey & Teresa. We had originally tried to go as a group with the Plummers, Lundrigans and Williams (along with the slacks), but every pooped out on us for one reason or another except the Slacks. I think part of it is that Shena likes to go to matinees because she goes to bed at such an early hour that she would fall asleep if we went to a later movie. Everybody else likes to go late so that the kids will be in bed when they get home. Anyway, the movie was pretty good. A little too much "smacky mouth" going on for me, but the rest of the movie was funny. Good date movie for you single types out there and just like I keep hearing, it's one of those "romantic comedies" that guys can enjoy too. We decided it would be one that we buy on DVD.

After the movie, we stopped by Lowe's (since we didn't have the boys with us) to look at interior doors and flooring for the addition. We just wanted to get some ideas on prices and what we might want. We (and when I say "we" I mean Shena) decided that "we" want a door between the dining room and bonus room that has glass in it so that the door doesn't look like a closet in the middle of the room. We for sure need a door because if the new room is like our existing office/craft room, it will be pretty cluttered 90% of the time. It is hard to keep it clean when we are constantly working in there. Hopefully we can do ok. I think we will get glass that is either frosted or we will have to get blinds on the door that we can close when company comes over.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys were pretty good today. They like to run the vacuum cleaner, so that always becomes a fight when we pull it out. They fight me for it, then they fight each other for it. I hope they are still this excited to clean when they are teenagers and can really help out!

Arellano Update
Grandma A. watched the boys at her house while we went to the movie. Dad showed off his clean garage. He and mom apparently spent most of the day Saturday working on getting it cleaned up. They have to do that every year or two because their kids (read Marcos and Cheeto and Shena) keep dropping stuff off to leave in their garage because they don't have any room for it. They are still liking their new carpet and have done a little furniture moving also.

Christensen Update
Bart can't decide whether to bring his golf clubs or not. Unfortunately, it looks like we may have cool (not cold) rainy (not dry) weather while they are here. Kyle thinks he should, Shena & I think he would be ok with just borrowing a set here. Since my dad will be out of town, he won't have anybody to go with every day he is out here, so he may only get to play once.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 12:30 - 7:30

TODAY:
Breakfast: Frosted mini-wheats, milk (1 bowl)

Lunch: Bagel bites (about all we had...I don't like them, but they filled my stomach), Cheesecake Factory chocolate mousse (the Costco here sells a variety pack that comes with 4 flavors, 3 slices each, strawberry (no picture available), raspberry-white chocolate, snickers and chocolate mousse - which for $15 is a bargain, as I now see from their website...$38 for a 7"! The cake you get from Costco is 9" itself...and you get a variety - Shena was ragging on me for spending $15 on it, but what a deal!) - we then had popcorn and milk duds at the 4:30 movie.

Dinner: Yeah, right! See above

0 comments: