Sunday, February 06, 2005

S**pid Patriots

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Cade always says "Don't say that!" whenever I use the word "stupid." It is a bad word as far as he is concerned. I'm not sure if that comes from Shena or my mom, but he catches me every time I say it. I guess it's a good thing. But I have to say, I can't STAND New England right now. Those guys drive me crazy. Two years in a row they've kept my team from winning the Super Bowl. Frustrating as all get out. Breathe, Cheeto. Relax. Let it go. Nothing you can do about it, man. Panthers and Steelers will be back next year. Okay, it's out of my system...for now.

The commercials were lame this year. Only one that I halfway liked was the Pepsi commercial with P-Diddy getting out of the truck. And of course, the NFL Networks commercial with Roethlisberger singing "Tomorrow" with Joe Montana. The absolute lamest one was the website one (don't remember which website, something about registering domains) - absolutely crude and embarrassing. Even the Budweiser commercials were pretty weak this year. I was more interested in the previews for "Hitch" and "Robots" than I was the usually funny beer commercials.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
We had another recovery day around here. Lots of laying around, trying to rest while the boys get cabin fever and drive us nutso. Poor kids. I hope we don't have to go through this again anytime soon (with both of us being sick at the same time). I'm feeling a little better. The cold is moving down into my chest, which means I don't feel as bad, but I sound worse. At least I can breathe a little better now. I'm sure I have several days of coughing and having a deep voice to get over, but nothing that will keep me from going to work.

Cade was a pretty good kid again today. Kelson was a little better than he had been the last couple of days. When we finally decided to go over to mom and dad's to watch the Super Bowl, you should have seen them run around the house like little mad men trying to get dressed, their coats, their toys, etc. because they were so excited to: a) get out of the house, and b) go see grandpa.

Shena was a little bit passionate about the game, too, until she fell asleep towards the end of the third quarter. She was being so much more vocal (and violent) than I was during the game. Everytime a Patriot went down she was like "Please, be hurt. Don't get up! No! Break his leg. Break his arm!" Not sure what kind of repressed aggression she was getting out tonight, but it was comical. And she gets mad at me for yelling at the TV when my teams are playing. At least I don't wish injury on the other guys.

Arellano Update
Spent most of the evenings at mom and dad's. I watched the pre-game show upstairs in Marcos' old room (now known as the "guest suite"), while Shena controlled the remote downstairs for a couple of hours before she had to relinquish it to the football crazies.

Dad skipped dinner with the Idaho group too because he wasn't feeling all that well. Mom started sneezing and sniffing towards the end of the night, so we may have gotten them sick, too. I hope not, because I would feel bad about that.

Christensen Update
No news is good news, right?

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:30 - 9:30 - as usual, I got sucked into "The Outer Limits" - this weeks was kind of funky, about a guy who is abducted by aliens on New Year's Day, then is brought back 10 years later to find his wife has moved on without him, then he falls asleep, disappears for another 10 years and so on...weird. Anyway, Shena had gone to bed at 9:30 and so she got up with the kids and let me sleep in. Then when I got up, she napped for a while...fair trade.

TODAY:
Breakfast: Frosted Mini-wheats, milk - well, kinda breakfast...more like a brunch by the time I got to it.

Lunch: a later lunch, mom brought some from the Idaho Group for us. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, yeast rolls, sprite

Dinner: two yeast roll turkey sandwiches with Tillamook cheese, Fritos scoops, coke

0 comments: