Thursday, February 03, 2005

85' Shot - AGAIN

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
In case you didn't see the news, my fellow Fightin' Quaker repeated his shot on camera for News 2, our local CBS affiliate. You can read the story itself, but so you know, not only did he hit the shot, he was close on about 3 others (out of 11). Maybe if the NBA doesn't pan out, he can take his show on the road...do state fairs or something.

Weather was kind of cruddy today. I'm driving Marcos' 2001 TransAm, and it's not exactly a winter weather type car (rear wheel drive, big engine, stick, 'racing' tires). We got some chunky snow and sleet at lunch that piled up on the roads. I had a hard time going anywhere straight going back to the office after eating. Even in 2nd gear letting the clutch out slow and barely touching the gas it was trying to spin out on me. I'm sure the NASCAR no-tread bald tires didn't help much.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Shena has come down with the cold that I think Kelson was fighting the last couple of days. She is pretty miserable. I'm not sure if we will make it to our Navigon Awards ceremony tomorrow night at Grandover or not. All depends on how she feels. Either way, I'm sure we will only be staying for dinner and the presentation, and not for the dancing. Luckily, the boys were good today. She said they played really well together while she rested on the couch. She said that Kelson has figured out that Cade can reach things that Kelson can't. He grabs Cades hand now and pulls him when he wants something he can't reach. Cade is pretty good about helping him out. She said Kelson wanted juice and Cade said "No, Kelson. I'm not supposed to get juice. I don't want to get in trouble."

Got good news on our addition. Looks like the financing is going to come through at a lower interest rate than we thought, which is always good. We're excited for it to be done.

Arellano Update
Mom and Dad's satellite went out on them, so they are upgrading to new receivers with DVR. I think they have had the receivers they have right now for about 10 years. It drives me nuts to go over and watch TV. I keep wanting to flip back like I do on our TV to see what I just missed, but since they dont' have it, I can't. It will make it easier to visit them (as if it was hard in the first place).

Christensen Update
None that I have to report.

Daily Report
YESTERDAY:
Weather: Hi 39 - Low 32 - mostly sunny - felt cold today - FYI, this is the last installment of the weather. I decided it is just as easy for you to check the weather channel. It is well documented what the weather was today in Greensboro. How I slept, and what I ate are not, however, so those will continue.

LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 1:00 - 7:30 - with the usual 2 wakeups in the middle of the night...one from Cade, one from Kelson. I'm starting to feel like we have a new baby in the house again. I thought we were passed that.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: Left over Lasagna, two pieces of wheat bread, coke (I've decided Itlian isn't good with soda - better with either kool-aid or water)

Dinner: Left over lasagna, two pieces of wheat bread, milk, yellow cake with chocolate frosting - since Shena is sick, I wasn't feeling very creative with dinner. The boys had hot dogs. It's a good thing she is around, or they would not be very healthy with the kind of food I would feed them!

0 comments: