Tuesday, February 22, 2005

How Much Water does Corn on the Cob Displace?

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Talked to Blake Jones for a minute today. He and Benj and Brian were headed to their country club to play tennis. Crazy guys. They are attached at the hip. They are always buying stuff together too. Last year they all bought 4 wheelers, this year I guess it was the country club membership. In some ways, I'm jealous. Of course about the membership, but also because they get the chance to hang out so much. Not really anybody for me to "hang out" with.

We are still waiting for construction to start on the addition. We thought, at first, that they were going to get started right away, but we haven't seen anybody out yet. Our contract says they have 2 weeks to start, so we aren't worried about it yet. We would like them to get started...the sooner they start, the sooner they finish...but it's no big deal. We have plenty of time. I will get some "before" pictures posted soon, and then take pictures as things develop.

I haven't had any more pain in my back or butt since I had the MRI and talked to Dr. Ross. I think I will wait until I have another episode before I call to schedule any physical therapy. It isn't free, and I would hate to have therapy on something that isn't hurting in the first place. I haven't tried to play any basketball or anything like that, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not. I would hate to think that I couldn't play any kind of sport anymore because of my butt, but who knows. I just need an opportunity to try it out, I guess.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
The boys are excited for Grandma and Grandpa C to get here. We played basketball and cars last night before they went to bed. Kelson is getting to be a tough little kid. Cade kept running into him and knocking him over, but Kelson hardly flinched and never cried. He must be getting used to Cade not paying any attention to the size difference and just plowing him over all the time. I drove one of their toy cars on Kelson's foot last night, and it tickled him. He kept sticking his foot up so I would do it some more. Later, while I was lying on the floor, he took a car and was driving it on MY feet. I pretended to jump and act like it tickled, and he and Cade thought it was the funniest thing they had ever seen. If Cade quit watching while Kelson was doing it, he would yell at him in his little Kelson language until Cade would watch him tickle me again. Then I told him to tickle Cade's feet and then his own feet. Pretty funny. They both were hamming it up when he drove on their feet...like it really tickled a lot. Maybe you had to be there.

Kelson is doing better about staying in bed. We wonder if he had an ear infection or something that made him keep getting up. If that is the case, then I feel horrible for getting mad at him for not staying in bed. Poor kid. I don't remember him pulling on his ear, but he did the same thing about 8 months ago when he had an ear infection, I had just forgotten.

Arellano Update
Mom said dad wouldn't be getting to Mexico until about9 hours later than he was supposed to. Apparently he was supposed to fly into Houston for his connection, but they had bad weather (fog) and he wound up in Dallas. At 6:00 tonight she said he was getting on the plane to Mexico just then. He had left at 6:00 this morning. Long day for him. I wonder what he did all those hours. It's not like he could buy a book to read. Poor guy.

Marcos called tonight about 7:00 wanting to know how to cook corn on the cob. I had to ask Shena. I guess he was cooking for his "family" (group of friends who get together and take turns cooking dinner once a week). She said to be sure to tell him to boil the water first, but remember that the corn will displace a lot of water, so take that into account. Marcos started giggling and said "I'm glad she said that...I wouldn't have thought of that." That would have been messy.

Christensen Update
Shena will be going to get Bart & Cherie tomorrow afternoon from Raleigh. They fly in at 4:03, so we hope she doesn't run into rush hour traffic on the way back (which I doubt she will). Since dad is out of town, we have hijacked his Jeep, at least until Bart & Cherie leave, maybe longer. I'm getting tired of driving Marcos' Trans-Am (stick shift) and we aren't necessarily in a position to be buying our mini-van yet. Maybe in 6 months when we have our Nissan Sentra paid off.

Daily Report^
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:15 - 7:15 - I've got to start getting up earlier. I'm going to start getting up at 7:00 EVERY morning (Saturday and Sunday included) for the next two weeks. Stay tuned to see if I really do or not. I am going to try to slowly get up earlier and earlier until I'm getting up at 6:00 every day. Quit laughing. I'm serious. No really.

TODAY:
Breakfast: None

Lunch: cheese and mustard sandwich on wheat, milk, raspeberry chocolate cheese cake (I'm worried the cheese cake is going to go bad, so I have to eat it every chance I get. Quit laughing. I'm serious. No really.

Dinner: Spaghetti with tomato sauce, covered in cheese, french bread, A&W - later had a piece of chocolate mousse cheesecake, milk

0 comments: