Saturday, February 12, 2005

Sky Captain

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Long day today. We didn't really have anything that we had to do...except clean. Because we have been sick, it's been two weeks since the house had a good cleaning. We got most of it clean, but because it had been so long, it took longer than we expected. We actually were cleaning for about 4 1/2 hours. The longest part was our bathroom. I've come to realize that if you don't SCRUB the bath tub every time you clean it, the soap builds up over time. I spent about 1 1/2 hours just cleaning about 1/12 of the tub, using some stuff called Goo Gone Painter's Pal which I thought might work better than just regular 409. If I let it sit for a minute or two, it took less scrubbing. After a while, though, my arm and back were hurting, so I had to quit. It killed me to quit because the area that I was able to get clean looks good. Almost brand new. I guess it will take several weeks of cleaning like that to get that stuff off there.

After I showered, Cade and I went to run a couple of errands. He was going crazy again from being inside. It was a beautiful day, and I know he wanted to play outside, but this was the closest I could get for him. Kelson had been a bad boy earlier in the day, so he didn't get to go. He had to stay home with his sick mommy. Anyway, Cade and I went to the mall first to return a Franklin binder that I had purchased several weeks ago but wasn't using. We then stopped at Cinnabon to get a six pack of the classic size rolls for a treat. Shena had been craving them for a while, but we just hadn't been out to get any. They were apparently running a special for Valentine's day, and we got a free balloon for buying the six pack. Cade was excited to give it to Shena as a present. We then ran to Kohl's to return a shirt that Shena had bought that I didn't like a whole lot. I feel bad because now she claims that I have taken back every shirt she's ever bought me, but I don't think that is true. She said she wasn't going to shop for me anymore, but I hope that she forgets she said that. I hate shopping and I usually like what she gets. There was just something about this particular shirt I didn't like. Cade and I then went to Hollywood Video. I got a gift card from the Lundrigan's and Williams' for my birthday that I hadn't used yet. I don't think I had ever personally rented a video at their store before, but I know that Shena had several times, so I didn't really think much about it when I tried to check out. They asked my name, but I didn't give the right answer, so the girl asked to see my driver's license. She typed it in, and then said "oh, there we go," so I thought everything was cool. When I got home, one of the movies still had some kind of lock on it so that we couldn't get it open. I called and they said I would have to return to the store to get it off. Before I left I grabbed my receipt and looked at it close, thinking I would asking for a credit since I had to drive back to the store for something they failed to do. On the receipt was a girl's name, Raquel Cortez, with my driver's license. To make a long story short, the name had a TX address, but no one had ever checked out a video at this paticular store under that name, so I just had them switch the info over to my name. They also gave me a store credit for a free video since I had to drive back to the store to get the lock taken off. Anyway, I rented Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, which Shena and I watched last night. Kind of a weird movie, but the speical effects were pretty cool. We also rented The Village, but haven't watched it yet. If Shena is going to watch it, she will have to watch it during the day. We have until Thursday night to watch it, so we will soon.

After the video store, we ordered Mexico to go. We usually don't cook on Saturday nights and so we normally eat out. This was the cheapest way (can't beat free food, can you?).

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
See above. Not much more to report.

Arellano Update
Mom and dad went to the temple with the ex-Elder Holbrook. Didn't see much of them today.

Christensen Update
None to report.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 6:00 & 7:30 - 10:00 - I got up with Kelson this morning, then when Shena got up she let me go back to bed. I needed that sleep!

TODAY:
Breakfast: 1 bowl of frosted mini-wheats.

Lunch: None

Dinner: Mexico - lunch order of chicken fajitas, sprite - man those hit the spot tonight...it's been a while since I had Mexico, and then after all the manual labor today I had worked up an appetite. Had a cinnamon roll with milk during our movie.

0 comments: