Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Shena's Surprise Girl Party

***Text in this color authored by Shena***

Work & Play
Spent the whole day trying to get Shena ready for a surprise party that her friends had planned for her tonight. She hasn't been feeling well for the last week or so, but Leesa had called wanting to "kidnap" her and take her to the Mad Platter to meet up with Susan, Ashley, DeeDee and Teresa. But she wasn't feeling real well and hadn't really fixed herself up since she didn't really plan on going anywhere. At lunch I tried to trick her into fixing her hair and wearing something that she would feel ok in public with. We talked about going to Lowe's to look at carpet samples (Teresa's good idea), and then she said she wanted to eat at Arby's tonight. I hoped that would be enough, but just to be sure, I asked her, as nicely as I could without hurting her feelings (I hoped) if she was going to fix her hair before we went out. She was like "Why? Does it look bad? Do you think I haven't looked in the mirror today?" I tried to smooth it over by saying "No, I think you look fine, I just know how YOU like to look before you go out of the house, and I was just suggesting." Long story short, it didn't go over GREAT, but it wasn't too bad either. Leesa was supposed to pick her up from our house at 6:50 and I figured we would be back from Arby's by then with no problem, and then I would have to make up an excuse why we weren't going to Lowe's after all. Then about 4:45 Shena called and said that mom and dad asked us to come over and help them put together their new closet storage, and wouldn't it be better if I just got Arby's to go and bring it by mom & dad's? I called Leesa, told her that we would be at mom's and she would have to pick Shena up there, and then hoped that Shena had still got ready to go out of the house. She and I got part of the closet storage put together when Leesa showed up to take her out. She was surprised to see Leesa, but didn't flip out or anything. The boys and I just kind of said "Bye. Have fun," and sent her out the door. Shena said she didn't figure out where they were going until they got about 1/2 block away, and then she thought it was just her and Leesa until her other friends started showing up. Sounds like they had a good time. She even got home at a decent hour...about 9:30 ish.

Llano Update (Cheeto's Brood)
Cade and I made a spice cake for Shena for her birthday tomorrow. We also ran to the library to return two videos that the boys had borrowed, then stopped by Harris Teeter to buy the cake so we could make it and pick out birthday cards. The boys were VERY good tonight. By the time we got back from our errands and got baths it was almost 9:00. I tried to put Kelson to bed, but he wouldn't stay in there...nothing new. He didn't scream and cry this time, though. He just kept coming out to see what Cade and I were doing (making the cake). I think he was mad/jealous that he wasn't helping. Otherwise they were good kids.

Arellano Update
Had roast beef sandwiches with mom & dad. Dad had removed all of his old shelves from his closet, and had started to put together the new cabinets. As I said earlier, Shena and I got the two outside part of the cabinets done when Leesa got there. I tried to work on putting drawers together, but only got one done. Dad was watching the boys while I worked on the drawers (mom had to teach institute last night). It took me as long to do one drawer as it did to put the two cabinets together. Bad news is there are 7 more drawers to do, good news is they should be easier now that I have experienced the first one.

Christensen Update
Shena got a birthday package from Erin today.

Daily Report
LAST NIGHT:
Sleep: 11:30 - 5:30 & 6:00 - 7:30 - Not sure what Kelson's deal is, but this 5:30 thing isn't cool. This morning Shena gave him a sippy cup of juice and sent him back to bed, where he stayed...but by then I was awake and had a hard time getting back to sleep.

TODAY:
Breakfast: Cinnabon cinnamon roll, milk - man those things are big, but good, for breakfast

Lunch: Had about 4 bites of lasagna and two small pieces of french bread, milk and a chocolate chip cookie...just not hungry after eating breakfast.

Dinner: Still wasn't hungry...eating breakfast threw me off...had 2 pieces of chicken from Arby's, a couple fries and then two corn tortillas with beans and cheese, all with a little Sprite - after Shena got home made a dozen fresh chocolate chip cookies, so I had to eat three of those with milk.

0 comments: